The schedule for the Basic Competency on Local Treasury Examination (BCLTE) will be on November 26, 2017 at CSC regional and field offices. This is in collaboration between the Civil Service Commission (CSC) and the Department of Finance-Bureau of Local Government Finance (DOF-BLGF). The application period for the BCLTE is from October 6, 2017 to October 20, 2017.
Admission Requirements for the Basic Competency on Local Treasury Examination (BCLTE)
Applicants of the BCLTE must meet the following qualifications:
- Filipino citizen;
- at least 18 years old on the date/time of filing of application;
- of good moral character;
- have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness, or addiction to drugs;
- have not been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government;
- and holders of bachelor’s degree on the date/time of filing of application.
a) Approval of applications may be recalled any time upon discovery of applicant’s disqualification, for which the examination fees paid shall be forfeited.
b) Applicants holding dual citizenship under RA 9225 (Citizenship Retention and Re-acquisition Act of 2003) may apply for and take the examination upon presentation of original, and submission of a copy of, Certification of Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship from the Bureau of Immigration, and meeting of all the other admission and application requirements for the examination.
c) Applicants with pending administrative or criminal cases may take the examination and shall be conferred the eligibility if they successfully pass the same. However, this is without prejudice to the outcome of their pending cases. If they are found guilty, their eligibility shall be forfeited based on the penalties stated in the decision and under existing Civil Service Law and rules.
Application Requirements for the Basic Competency on Local Treasury Examination (BCLTE)
1. Fully accomplished Application Form (CS Form No. 100, Revised September 2016).
Note: The examinees must indicate the title of examination under “Other”. The spaces for “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” on the Application Form should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
2. Four (4) pieces of identical I.D. pictures with specifications, as follows:
- Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Colored, with white background
- Taken within three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Printed on good quality photo paper
- In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin.
- In bare face (with no eyeglasses, colored contact lens, or any accessories that may cover the facial features, facial not computer enhanced)
- Showing left and right ears
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With neutral facial expression, and both eyes open
- With handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag legibly showing signature over printed full name in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any.
3. Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which must be valid (not expired upon filing of application):
- Driver’s License
- PRC License
- SSS ID
- GSIS ID (UMID)
- Voter’s ID
- BIR ID (ATM type/TIN card type with picture)
- PhilHealth ID (must, at least, contain the holder’s name, clear picture, signature, and PhilHealth number)
- Current Company/Office ID
- Current School ID (validated for the current school year/semester/trimester)
- Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate
- Postal ID
- Barangay ID
- NBI Clearance
Note: All other ID cards not included in the above list shall NOT be accepted.
4. For applicants without date of birth in their ID card/s, original and photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or the Local Civil Registry (LCR) printed on Security Paper (SecPa).
5. For applicants holding dual citizenship under RA 9225, original and photocopy of Certification of Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship issued by the Bureau of Immigration.
6. Examination fee of Seven Hundred Pesos (PhP 700.00).
Where to Get and File Application Forms for the Basic Competency on Local Treasury Examination (BCLTE)
The application form (CS Form No. 100, Revised September 2016) is available at any CSC Regional/Field Office, or may be downloaded from the CSC website. You can also download the form in this website by visiting this link: Civil Service Examination Form No. 100 (Revised September 2016).
Applicants must personally file their application at the CSC Regional Office (CSC RO), or at any of the CSC RO’s Field Offices, where they intend to take the examination.
1) A complete directory of the CSC Regional and Field Office nationwide is available at the CSC website or visit this link: CSC Regional Field Offices | Location, Email Addresses and Contact Numbers.
2) Only applications with a complete set of application documentary requirements under Item D of this Announcement must be submitted to the CSC Regional/Field Office.
3) Proper attire should be worn during filing of application. Applicants should not be in sleeveless shirt/blouse, or in short pants, or in slippers.
Scope of the Basic Competency on Local Treasury Examination (BCLTE)
The BCLTE is composed of the General Ability and the Specialized/Technical Area which are divided into several sub-areas:
The Intermediate Competency on Local Treasury Examination (ICLTE), a promotional test open only to DOF-BLGF incumbents who took and passed the BCLTE conducted in December 2015, will be also conducted on November 26. The CSC clarified that passing the ICLTE does not confer a civil service eligibility.
Leave a Reply