The Agricultural Competitiveness Enhancement Fund – Grant-in-Aid in Higher Education Program (ACEF-GIAHEP) Scholarship is now accepting applicants.
ACEF-GIAHEP aims to contribute to the development of agriculture and fisheries by increasing the number of graduates in higher education who are trained in the scientific habit of thought, entrepreneurial skills and technical competencies in the areas of agriculture, forestry, fisheries, veterinary medicine education and related agricultural education programs.
ACEF-GIAHEP Scholarship Benefits
- Stipend for Regular Semesters (PhP 2,500/mo x 10 months) = PhP 25,000
- Tuition and Other School Fees (PhP 10,000/sem x 2 semesters) = PhP 20,000
- Book Allowance (PhP 1,000/sem x 2 semesters) = PhP 2,000
- TOTAL = PhP 47,000
- Summer Class Tuition and Other School Fees = PhP 3,500
- Summer Stipend (PhP 2,500/mo x 2 months) = PhP 5,000 (as required in the curriculum)
- Thesis or Project Grant (one time grant) = PhP 15,000 for the whole course (as required in the curriculum)
- Practicum or On-the-job Training Allowance (one tie grant) = PhP 3,000 (for the entire duration of OJT)
- TOTAL = PhP 26,500
How to be qualified for scholarship?
If you want to be part of the ACEF-GIAHEP scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
1. Filipino citizen
2. Graduating high school students; High school graduates; with earned units in college; or passer of Alternative Learning System / Philippine Educational Placement Test (ALS/PEPT)
3. Will enroll or currently enrolled in recognized programs in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, veterinary medicine education and related agricultural education programs offered by duly authorized Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
4. Combined annual gross income of parents/guardians not to exceed Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (PHP300,000.00); In exceptional cases, where income exceeds PHP300,000.00, the ACEF ExeCom shall determine the merits of the application
5. Avail only one government funded financial assistance program.
What are the documentary requirements?
1. Application Form (Download Link)
2. Proof of Income – any one of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents/guardians if employed
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
- Certificate of No Income from BIR
- Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay
- Certificate/Case Study from Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, a latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered.
How to submit the application?
Students can submit application through the DA Regional Scholarship Coordinators, SUCS/HEIS or directly to the Office of the Undersecretary for Special Concerns, Department of Agriculture Central Office, Elliptical Road, Diliman, Quezon City. For more information please call 924-1278.
Read Also: CHED Scholarship 2020 (Online Application)
Can I submit application online?
Deadline for the ACEF-GIAHEP Scholarship Application
The deadline of submission is on or before June 30, 2020.