The Department of the Interior and Local Government have issued the Memorandum Circular No. 31 series of 2018 regarding the conduct of Barangay Assembly 2018 (First Semester) to be held this coming March 31, 2018.
According to Local Government Code, “the barangay assembly shall meet twice a year to hear and discuss the semestral report of the baragay concerning its activities and finances as well as problems affecting the baranggay.”
For this first semester of 2018, the Barangay Assembly, ever barangay is enjoined to undertake the following activities:
1. Deliver the State of Barangay Address (SOBA), with emphasis on Accomplishments and Financial Report for the 2nd Semester of CY 2017, Updates on CY 2018 Programs and Projects, and Newly-Enacted Barangay Ordinances.
2. Discuss baranggay compliance on national laws and issuances suchs as the Barangay Full Disclosure Policy, Anti-Illegal Drug Laws, Batas Kasambahay Law, and Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act.
3. Advocate DILG’s “Matino, Mahusay, at Maaasahan” voter’s education campaign to encourage the public to vote for good leaders in the coming Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) Elections on May 14, 2018.
4. Inform the baranggay assembly members taht the COMELEC will be using the ballots which were printed for October 23, 2017, for purposes of the May 14, 2018 Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) Elections.
5. Discuss the efforts of the barangay on disaster preparedness which include pre-disaster actions and measures being undertaken to avert or minimize loss of life and property, particularly the evacuation plan during disaster.
6. Introduce the salient features of Federalism to promote public awareness and understanding of a federal form of government.
7. Discuss issues or concerns affecting barangay such as but not limited to (a) peace and order and (b) solid waste management.
The regional consolidated statistical report and the narrative report on the regional showcase barangay shall be submitted not later than April 20, 2018 thru google drive application at [email protected]
Source: DILG MC 2018-31
PS: For barangay officials who will print the promotional material, this is the link of the editable taurpaulin design.