One of the programs of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) this year is the CHED Merit Scholarship 2023 for deserving students.
CHED Scholarship 2023
The CHED Merit Scholarship Program (CMSP) is a government-funded scholarship aimed at supporting academically talented students, especially those who belong to the following special groups:
- Underprivileged and homeless citizens (RA 7279);
- Persons with Disability (RA 7277); and
- Solo parents and/or their dependents (RA 8371).
What are the qualifications?
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Graduating high school student/ High school graduate with general weighted average (GWA) of at least 96% for Full Merit Program and 93% to 95% or its equivalent for Half Merit Program
- Student-applicants belonging to the special group of persons such as the underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under Republic Act (RA) No. 7279, Persons with Disability (PWDs) under RA No. 7277 as amended, Solo Parents and/or their Dependents under RA 8371, shall submit certifications and/or Identification Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies.
- Avail of only one government-funded financial assistance program.
What are the requirements?
- Certified true copy of Birth Certificate.
- High school report card for incoming freshmen students eligible for college; and
- Duly certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and 1st semester of Grade 12 for graduating high school students.
The student-applicants shall submit any of the following documents (whichever is applicable):
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents or guardian;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of Indigence either from their Barangay or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD);
- Case Study report from DSWD; or
- Latest copy of contract or proof of income may be considered for children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and seafarers.
Note: For applicants belonging the special group of persons such as the Underprivileged and Homeless Citizens under RA 7279, Persons With Disability (PWDs) under RA 7277, Solo Parents and/or their Dependents under RA 8972, Senior Citizens under RA 9994, and Indigenous People under RA 8371, shall submit certifications and/or Identification Cards (IDs) issued by the appropriate offices or agencies.
Students should enroll in any of the Priority Courses identified by CHED.
How to apply to CHED Scholarship 2023
1. Prepare the complete documentary requirements
2. Scan the documentary requirements clearly.
3. Send the application and documents ONLINE to your respective CHED Regional Office (click the link for list of Online Application for each Region).
Note: All submission should be addressed to CHEDROs based on point of origin.
What are the stipends of the Scholarship Program?
The deadline for submission for CHED Merit Scholarship Program (CMSP) for incoming freshman college students for Academic Year 2023-2024 will be until May 31, 2023.