Malacañang Palace has issued the Administrative Order No. 26 series of 2020 entitled “Authorizing the Grant of Hazard Pay to Government Personnel who Physically Report for Work During the Period of the Implementation of an Enhanced Community Quarantine Relative to COVID-19 Outbreak.”
Grant of COVID-19 Hazard Pay
National Government Agencies (NGAs) including State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and Government-Owned or Controlled Corporations (GOCCs), are authorized to grant COVID-19 Hazard Pay to personnel who physically report for work during the implementation of Enhanced Community Quarantine in their respective work stations, in amount not exceeding PhP 500 per day per person, which shall be computed as follows:
Personnel who are already entitled to Hazard Pay, Hazardous Duty Pay, Hazard Allowance or other similar benefits under existing laws, issuances, rules and regulations, such as public health workers, public social workers, science and technology personnel and military and uniformed personnel, shall continue to be entitled to such benefits or the COVID-19 Hazard Pay, whichever is higher.
Conditions on the Grant of the COVID-19 Hazard Pay
The heads of government agencies may grant the COVID-19 Hazard Pay to their personnel without the need for further approval of the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), provided the following conditions are met:
- The personnel are occupying regular, contractual or casual positions, or are engaged through COS, JO or other similar schemes;
- The personnel have been authorized to physically report for work at their respective offices or work stations on the prescribed official working hours by the head of agency or office during the period of implementation of Enhanced Community Quarantine measures in the area such office or work station; and
- The rate of the COVID-19 Hazard Pay shall be based on the number of days an employee physically reports for work.
Other Government Offices
For the following employees from other Government Offices, please refer to the attached PDF of the Administrative Order No. 26 series of 2020:
- Employees in Legislative and Judicial Branches and Other Offices with Fiscal Autonomy
- Employees in Local Government Unites (LGUs)
- Employees in Local Water Districts (LWDs)
- Employees in Agencies Exempted from the Coverage of RA 6758 (as amended)
PDF of the Administrative Order No. 26 series of 2020
Similar Benefit for Health Workers in Private Sectors
Private hospitals and other health facilities are strongly encouraged to grant a similar benefit to their health workers and staff exposed to the perils of the COVID-19.
You should READ:
- RA 11469: Bayanihan to Heal As One Act
- List of Beneficiaries of Social Amelioration Program
- How to Avail the DSWD Social Amelioration Program
- COVID-19 Hazard Pay for Government Employees | Guidelines
- [PDF] Social Amelioration Program | Complete Guidelines