MANILA — Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano on Thursday announced the opening of 100,000 passport appointment slots for new application and renewal to address the increasing backlog.
Of the total slots, 50,000 were opened at noon with the remaining 50,000 to be made available at 9 p.m. Cayetano also said that 10,000 slots will be opened from Monday to Saturday, except for holidays.
The 10,000 are on top of the 336,743 appointment slots for June 1 to September 30, 2018, that have already been opened and taken up.
Upon checking the passport.gov.ph website at around 2 p.m., the earliest available appointment for DFA-Aseana is on June 25. The DFA reminded all applicants to refresh the website. Read more from the source…
How to set an appointment at passport.gov.ph
The following do not need an online appointment:
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs)
- Persons With Disability (PWDs)
- Senior Citizens
- Solo Parent with Valid Solo Parent ID
- Pregnant women with medical certificate
- Minors seven (7) years old and below
You may avail of the PRIORITY LANE at DFA Aseana or at any DFA Satellite Office or Regional Consular Office to apply for your passport.
If you are not an OFW, PWD, senior citizen, solo parent, pregnant, or minor, then you need to follow the regular process of getting an online passport appointment at www.passport.gov.ph.
- Requirements for Passport New Application
- Requirements for Passport Renewal
- DFA Passport Application via Online
- No need for online passport appointment: OFWs, PWDs, and Senior Citizens
Leave a Reply