The DOH Medical Scholarship Program aims to increase availability of physicians and other priority health care professionals who shall provide quality basic health care services to the un-served, underserved, hard to reach, economically underdeveloped, distressed, conflict and geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas (GIDA) of the country.
Qualifications for DOH Medical Scholarship
Minimum qualifications required for application to the program are as follows:
- Must be a natural born or naturalized Filipino citizen;
- Must be of good moral character;
- Must have passed the admission requirements, standards and policies of chosen school as well as the other requirements of the DOH;
- Must not have availed of any other scholarship grants or with return service obligation at the time of application or at the same period;
- Priority shall be given to any of the following:
- Applicants residing in GIDA and indigenous communities as certified by concerned government agencies (eg. National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP), Local Government Unit (LGU))
- Those belonging to the minority sector (e.g., Indigenous People)
- Dependents of government employees, Barangay Health Workers and Traditional Birth Attendants (TBA)
- Victims of calamities, children/dependents of police/soldiers fatally wounded/killed while on duty.
Benefits of DOH Medical Scholarship
The DOH shall grant to the Scholar a package that includes the following:
- Tuition fees, laboratory, miscellaneous and other related school fees which shall be paid directly to the partner school.
Subsidy and allowances which shall be paid directly to scholars.
Inclusion: Enrolment to PhilHealth Insurance for 18 years old and above in the amount of Php200.00 per month.
DOH Partner Schools in Different Regions
The list of DOH Partner Schools can be found in this LINK.
Application Process | How to Apply
- Applicants shall apply directly to the DOH partner school of their choicepreferably within or near the province or region of residence, if available.(Please see List of DOH Partner Schools). He/ she shall undergo screening and selection process as defined by the partner school for admission to the program/course;
- The partner school endorses the list of scholarship applicants to the DOH RO within the region for evaluation and validation;
- RO shall endorse the results of validation with recommendation to HHRDB for evaluation and recommendation for approval by the Pre- Service Scholarship Program Management Committee;
- HHRDB shall endorse the list of approved/accepted scholars to concerned ROs for coordination with partner schools to facilitate the enrolment of scholars;
- The partner school through the school scholarship coordinator shall notify theapplicants on the status of their application. All accepted scholars shall be enrolled accordingly. Likewise, the partner school shall submit the list of enrolled scholars to respective ROs for documentation; and
- RO shall endorse the list of enrolled scholars to HHRDB for issuance of Department Personnel Order.
For other concerns and inquiries, please contact Career and Development Management Division at (02) 651 7800 locals 4227 or at (02) 743 1776 or through email [email protected]