These are the guidelines on the provision for the OFW Cash Assistance (both for displaces Land-based and Sea-based) also known as DOLE-AKAP.
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) has accepted online applications starting last 13 April 2020 and still on going. To avail of this USD200.00 or PHP 10,000.00 financial assistance, make sure to read the following information.
Who can avail the DOLE-AKAP Cash Assistance?
1. Regular/ Documented OFWs
- Who possesses a valid passport and appropriate visa or permit to stay and work in the receiving country; and
- Whose contract of employment has been processed by the POEA or the POLO.
2. Qualified Undocumented OFWs
- Who were originally regular or documented workers but for some reason or cause have thereafter lost their regular or documented status;
- Who are not registered with the POEA or whose contracts were not processed by POEA or the POLO, but have undertaken actions to regularize their contracts or status; or
- Who are not registered with the POEA or whose contracts were not processed by POEA or the POLO, but are active OWWA members at the time of availment.
- Who are unable to return to host country in view of host country lockdown due to COVID19.
- Those who have experienced job displacement due to the receiving country’s imposition of lockdown or community quarantine or having been infected by the Disease;
- Must be still at overseas jobsites, or in the Philippines as Balik-Manggagawa, or already repatriated to the Philippines; and
- Must not receive any financial support/assistance from the receiving countries/employers.
How to Apply to OFW Cash Assistance (Online)?
1. Go to DOLE AKAP official website.
2. Upload the following requirements on the specified button.
- Copy of Passport or Travel Document;
- Copy of flight ticket or boarding pass evidencing return to the Philippines or arrival stamp/sticker attached in the Passport;
- Proof of overseas employment i.e. valid verified overseas employment, OEC, residence I.D.s, visa/re-entry visa, among others or permit to stay in the receiving country; and
- Proof of loss of employment on account of COVID19 or proof that the host country/ies are included in the list of those heavily affected by the COVID-19 (i.e. notice of termination of employment or closure of the company issued by the Foreign Recruitment Agency or principal/employer, incident report on the termination of employment submitted by the employer to the POLO concerned, Philippine Embassy/Consulate/POLO/OWWA certification/referral of displacement due to COVID-19, among others.)
- For Qualified Undocumented Worker—proof that he/she and the employer have undertaken the necessary documentation to regularize her stay in the host country such as copies of employment contract, payslip, work visa, or other proof of employment.
- Upon uploading necessary requirements, click “SUBMIT” button where a confirmation prompt will appear. In addition, a system-generated confirmation receipt will be sent to your e-mail.
3. The concerned OWWA Regional Office through its OWWA Officers will conduct validation/evaluation of received applications with complete documentary requirements, and approve/deny the application, whichever is applicable. During validation or verification of documents submitted, our OWWA Officers may call you through the provided contact details or FB Account. Please cooperate and be ready to show the actual documents, id so required.
4. Once approved, your documents will be submitted to the concerned DOLE Regional Office for funding through Money transfer or PESO Net, within five (5) working days
FOR OFWs ON-SITE: Please get in touch with the nearest Philippine Labor Office (POLO) to avail the “DOLE-AKAP for OFWs” Program.
You can visit the OWWA Facebook Page and send a personal message or OWWA Hotline 1348.