The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has issued the Department Order No. 209 series of 2020 which aims to provide financial assistance for the affected workers due to COVID-19.
DOLE Order No. 209 s. 2020
In the interest of service and pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 922 s. 2020 declaring the State of Public Health Emergency throughout the Philippines due to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact on the country’s economy, DOLE hereby promulgates the following guidelines on the implementation of the COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP).
What is COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program (CAMP)?
The CAMP is a safety net program that offers financial support to affected workers in private establishments that have adopted the Flexible Work Arrangements (FWAs) or temporary closure during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The CAMP aims to provide financial support to affected workers in private establishments to mitigate the adverse economic impacts and reduction of income brought by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who are the affected establishments?
These are private establishments that have implemented the FWAs as defined by DOLE Labor Advisory No. 09 s. 2020 (i.e. reduction of workhours/workdays, rotation of workers, forced leave) or temporary closure as mitigating measures due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Who are affected workers?
Affected workers, regardless of status (i.e. permanent, probationary, or contractual) are those employed in private establishments whose operations are affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic. (Based on DOLE Labor Advisory No.12 s. 2020).
How much is the DOLE Financial Assistance?
A one-time financial assistance equivalent to P5,000 shall be provided to affected workers in lump-sum, non-conditional, regardless of employment status.
Program coverage is nationwide. (Based on DOLE Labor Advisory No.12 s. 2020).
Requirements for the DOLE Financial Assistance
- Applicant must be a private establishment that has implemented FWAs temporary closure during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Affected establishments must submit the following:
- Establishment Report on the COVID-19 pursuant to Labor Advisory No. 9 s. 2020.
- Company Payroll for the month prior to implementation of FWAs or temporary closure
How to Apply for the DOLE Financial Assistance
- Applications with complete documentary requirements shall be submitted online to the appropriate DOLE Regional Office or any of its Provincial/Field Offices. (READ: Online Contacts of DOLE Regional Offices)
- Establishments must accomplish the revised Establishment Form (ERF) (Annex A) particularly the indicated mandatory fields. Company payroll for the month of February or earlier must be submitted along with the accomplished ERF.
- Application shall be evaluated by the concerned DOLE Regional Office within three (3) working days from receipt thereof.
- The following documents depending on the status of evaluation shall be issued to the applicant by the concerned DOLE Regional Office within three (3) working days through electronic mail from the date thereof:
- For approved application, a Notice of Approval
- For denied application, a Notice of Denial
Upon approval of the application, the concerned DOLE Regional Office shall issue the financial support directly to the beneficiary’s payroll account through bank transfer within two (2) weeks upon receipt.
Beneficiaries who receive the financial support are considered to have completed the CAMP. A Notice of Completion shall be issued to the affected establishment within three (3) working days through electronic mail.
PDF Copy of the DOLE Order No. 209 s. 2020
Government Forum and Inquiries
Join the Facebook Group: Usapang Gobyerno (Magtanong Ka Dito)