The Junior Level Science Scholarship 2020 (JLSS) Program aims to: provide scholarships that will finance the education of talented and deserving students in their third year of college and who are pursuing degree programs in the areas of science and technology; and ensure a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources who can steer the country towards national progress.
- Monthly Living Allowance (P7,000 per month)
- Tuition and other school fees (P40,000 per Academic Year)
- Book Allowance (P10,000.00/year)
- MS/PE uniform for 1st Semester of First Year only (P1,000.00)
- Group Insurance (Premium)
- Transportation Allowance for those studying outside of home province (1 economy-class roundtrip fare)
- Summer Allowance (if required per curriculum)
- Tuition and other school fees (P1,500.00)
- Book Allowance of P500.00 (to submit O.R.)
- Monthly Allowance of P7,000/mo (2 months)
- Post-graduation clothing allowance (P1,000.00)
Type of Scholarship
- RA 10612 – Republic Act No. 10612 aims to strengthen the country’s science and technology education by fast-tracking graduates in the sciences, mathematics and engineering who shall teach science and mathematics in secondary schools throughout the country.
- RA 7687 – Republic Act No. 7687, also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994”, provides for scholarships to talented and deserving students whose families’ socio-economic status does not exceed the set cut-off values of certain indicators. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching.
- MERIT – The DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program, formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship under RA No. 2067, is awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics and are willing to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
Qualifications for Junior Level Science Scholarship
- natural-born Filipino citizen;
- poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic
status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators (ONLY for RA 7687);
- incoming regular third (3rd) year college student in an identified priority S&T course;
- has a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 83% or its equivalent in his/her first and second years in college;
- resident of the municipality for the last 4 years as attested by the barangay chairman (ONLY for RA 7687);
- of good moral character and in good health; and
- qualifier of the JLSS Examination
- State Universities and Colleges (SUC) (See List)
- CHED identified Centers of Excellence (COE) or Centers of Development (COD) for the S&T priority program (See List)
- Institutions with FAAP Level III Accreditation (See List)
- Other tertiary institutions which have CHED-compliant programs (for RA 10612 only)
Deadline of Filing of Application
For 2020 DOST Junior Level Science Scholarship, you can now start filing your application. The deadline of filing will be on April 30, 2020.
Date of Examination
The 2020 DOST Junior Level Science Scholarship Examination is scheduled on June 7, 2020.
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact the S&T Scholarship Division at telephone numbers: (02)837-1333; (02)839-0083; (02)837-2071 local 2382; Cellphone no.: 09278868816; and e-mail: [email protected]