Here is the Department of Transportation (DOTr) transport protocols during ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ concerning to the recent approval of President Duterte to the recommendation of bringing back the modified enhanced community quarantine to Metro Manila and the provinces of Bulacan, Laguna, Cavite and Rizal from August 4 to 18, 2020.
DOTr Transport Protocols | Public and Private
This is the Omnibus Public and Private Transport Protocols During ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ set by the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID).
During the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), and Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ), operations of public transportation shall be halted except shuttle services that will ferry medical frontliners or workers employed in permitted services.
During the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) period, the following rail and road transport protocols shall be enforced:
- Rail lines such as LRT, MRT, and PNR can resume operations but shall enforce limited or reduced passenger capacity scheme.
- PUV modes with higher passenger capacity shall be prioritized.
- Public Utility Buses (PUBs), and Public Utility Jeepneys (PUJs) shall carry 50% or half of its vehicle’s passenger capacity.
- For UV Express and taxis, only one (1) passenger shall be seated on the driver’s row, while a maximum of two (2) passengers can be seated at the backseat per row.
- For Transportation Network Vehicle Services (TNVS), multiple bookings or carpooling is not allowed.
- For tricycles, its operators shall secure a special permit from its Local Government Unit (LGU). Tricycles are allowed to deliver “feeder” services.
- Public shuttle services can ferry those medical frontliners or workers of permitted services and shall observe social distancing while inside the vehicle.
Read Also: SSS Calamity Loan (PHP 20,000) | Now Accepting Online Applications
During ECQ, and MECQ, rented company shuttles shall secure a special permit from the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB), and shall carry 50% of the shuttle’s passenger capacity.
During GCQ, company shuttles no longer need to secure a special permit from LTFRB but shall continuously implement 50% passenger capacity.
During ECQ, MECQ, and GCQ, personal vehicles shall carry those individuals/workers of permitted sectors, with a maximum of 50% passenger capacity.
During ECQ, the use of bicycles and motorcycles is allowed provided that the rider is APOR or an Authorized Person who can go Outside of Residence. Back-riding is strictly prohibited.
During MECQ and GCQ, back-riding in bicycles and motorcycles is still NOT allowed
During ECQ, the use of electronic scooters is NOT allowed. However, it can be used during MECQ, and GCQ but shall only carry a maximum of one (1) person, with its usage subject to existing traffic rules and regulations.
We are dead with no money left on the pocket to buy foods. Supposed to be im Trying to have work & give financial needs & foods for my brother & sister as i see they are facing problems on leasing & foods to buy. Hope government of valenzuela will see the situation we have got. Hope government will give a helping hand upon us. Maawa naman kayo. Paano na kaya kami ngayon.