According to the recent press briefing, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) will provide cash assistance (also known as social amelioration) amounting to PhP 5,000 to PhP 8,000 for two months to those families from vulnerable sectors who are affected by the community quarantine due to COVID-19 pandemic as mandated by Bayanihan to Heal as One Act.
The P5,000 to P8,000 worth of social amelioration programs is based on the maximum subsidy per region determined from the region’s minimum wage levels as these are close approximations to the amount needed to buy basic food, medicine, and hygiene essentials. It will be given to an eligible family in cash and in kind by various national government agencies.
More Details About DSWD Cash Assistance
This is the interview of DSWD Spokesperson Irene Dumlao regarding the Amelioration Program.
- Ito pong ayuda na ibibigay po natin sa ating mga 18 million households na naapektuhan nga po ng enhanced community quarantine, ito po iyong tinatawag nating mga poor or belonging in the low income, in the informal sector. So sila po iyong nasa risk, not earning at all during the period ng community quarantine. As mentioned nga po by Usec. Malaya, ito po iyong mga sector kung saan ang mga workers specifically belong under the “no work, no pay” scheme, iyon pong walang mga pension, walang mga leave benefits, walang savings at sila po ay nagtatrabaho sa transport, sa retail trade, construction and in basic services.
- Para po mas maintindihan ng ating mga kababayan, base po doon sa Bayanihan to Heal as One na batas, nakasaad po doon na mayroong 5,000 to 8,000 na ayuda, at mayroon pong basehan sa pagbibigay ng five to eight thousand. Ang DSWD po ay gagamitin niya iyong mga existing data base po nito kagaya ng sa list of 4Ps beneficiaries at iyong listahan din naman po ng unconditional cash transfer.
- But kagaya nga po ng nabanggit ni Usec. Malaya earlier, tayo po ay makikipag-coordinate doon sa mga local government units dahil sila po ang mag-i-identify ng kanilang mga target beneficiaries.
I WANT TO AVAIL!
- List of Beneficiaries of Social Amelioration Program
- [PDF] Social Amelioration Program | Complete Guidelines
- How to Avail the DSWD Social Amelioration Program
- COVID-19 Hazard Pay for Government Employees | Guidelines
- State of Calamity Throughout the Philippines for a Period of Six (6) Months
For further inquiries, you may contact the DSWD Office Facebook Page at http://m.me/dswdserves/