The Civil Service Commission has been receiving numerous queries regarding the classifications of individuals who are exempted from taking the Civil Service Examination this year. According to CSC, apart from the Professional and Sub-Professional Career Service Eligibility that an individual can obtain from passing the Career Service (CS) Examinations, there are other types of civil service eligibilities that can be obtained by virtue of special laws and CSC issuances. These special eligibilities can be acquired without having to take the CS Exam.
The CSC for some time now has been granting eleven (11) different eligibilities under special laws to qualified individuals. You may be qualified for the grant of any of these eligibilities.
Bar/Board Passers (RA1080) are exempted from taking 2018 Civil Service Examination
Automatically granted to passers of bar examination conducted by the Supreme Court and of licensure board examinations administered by the Professional Regulation Commission.
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Certified Plant Mechanic
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Customs Brokers
- Dental Hygienists
- Dental Technologists
- Electronics Engineering
- Electronics Technician
- Environmental Planning
- Fishery Technology
- Geodetic Engineering
- Guidance Counseling
- Interior Design
- Landscape Architecture
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Technology
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Occupational Therapy
- Ocular Pharmacology
- Physical Therapy
- Radiologic Technology
- Real Estate Appraiser
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Consultant
- Registered Electrical Engineer
- Registered Master Electrician
- Respiratory Therapy
- Sanitary Engineering
- Social Workers
- Professional Teachers
- Veterinary Medicine
- X-Ray Technology
Barangay Health Workers (RA7883) are exempted from taking 2018 Civil Service Examination
Granted pursuant to R.A. No. 7883, dated February 20, 1995, otherwise known as the “Barangay Health Workers Benefits and Incentives Act of 1995”, and implemented through CSC Resolution No. 992845 dated December 29, 1999. The BHWE shall be granted to Local Health Board-accredited barangay health worker who has completed at least two (2) years of college education leading to a college degree and has voluntarily rendered at least five (5) years of continuous active and satisfactory service as an accredited BHW to the community. Services rendered prior to February 20, 1995, or the date of approval of RA No. 7883 shall not be counted for purposes of the grant.
Barangay Nutrition Scholars (PD1569) are exempted from taking 2018 Civil Service Examination
Granted pursuant to P.D. No. 1569, dated June 11, 1978, titled “Strengthening the Barangay Nutrition Program by Providing for a Barangay Nutrition Scholar in Every Barangay, Providing Funds Therefor, and for Other Purposes”. The BNSE shall be granted to barangay-based volunteer workers for rendering at least two (2) years of continuous and satisfactory nutrition services and other related activities, such as community health, backyard food production, environmental sanitation, culture, mental feeding, and family planning to the barangay. BNS who have been hired by agencies under Job Order status and/or Contract of Service may still avail of/qualify for the grant of BNSE.
Barangay Officials (RA 7160) are exempted from taking 2018 Civil Service Examination
Granted pursuant to Republic Act (R.A.) No. 7160, dated October 10, 1991, otherwise known as the “Local Government Code of 1991”. In accordance with Civil Service Commission (CSC) Resolution No. 1200865, promulgated on June 14, 2012 and circularized through CSC Memorandum Circular No. 13, s. 2012 dated August 2, 2012, the BOE shall be granted effective August 1, 2012 to the following Barangay Officials based strictly on completion of term of office:
- Elective Barangay Officials: Punong Barangay/Barangay Captain, regular Sangguniang Barangay Members, and Sangguniang Kabataan Chairmen; and
- Appointive Barangay Officials: Barangay Treasurers, and Barangay Secretaries who were appointed by the duly elected Punong Barangay.
Electronic Data Processing Specialists (CSC Res. 90-083) are exempted from taking 2018 Civil Service Examination
Granted pursuant to CSC Resolution No. 90-083 dated January 22, 1990. The EDPSE shall be conferred on passers of the proficiency test, or training course conducted by the Information and Communications Technology Office [ICTO] (formerly National Computer Center) on the following: Systems Analysis and Design; and Computer Programming courses of: Java, MS Access, or Visual Basic.
Foreign School Honor Graduates (CSC Res. 1302714) are exempted from taking 2018 Civil Service Examination
Granted pursuant to CSC Resolution No. 1302714 promulgated on December 17, 2013. The following individuals shall be entitled to the grant of FSHGE upon submission of required documents:
- Filipino citizens who graduated summa cum laude, magna cum laude, cum laude, or its equivalent in their baccalaureate degree beginning school year 1972-1973. Applicable Philippine law and rules shall be observed in resolving issues/concerns on citizenship;
- Graduated from a reputable foreign school as verified by the DFA, through the Philippine Foreign Service Posts;
- Have not been found guilty of any crime involving moral turpitude or of infamous, disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, drunkenness or addiction to drugs;
- Have not been previously found guilty of offenses relative to, or in connection with, the conduct of a civil service examination; and
- Have not been dismissed from the government service for cause.
Honor Graduates (PD907) are exempted from taking 2018 Civil Service Examination
Granted pursuant to Presidential Decree (P.D.) No. 907, dated March 11, 1976, titled “Granting Civil Service Eligibility to College Honor Graduates”. The following individuals shall be entitled to the grant of HGE upon submission of required documents:
- Those who graduated summa cum laude, magna cum laude or cum laude, in their baccalaureate degree, regardless of the number of years of completion;
- Those who graduated from school year 1972-1973, and thereafter;
- Those who graduated in Private Higher Education Institution in the Philippines with baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree recognized by the CHED; or
- Those who graduated in State/Local College or University with baccalaureate/bachelor’s degree included in its charter, or baccalaureate/ bachelor’s degree duly approved by its Board of Trustees/Board of Regents.
Sanggunian Members (RA 10156) are exempted from taking 2018 Civil Service Examination
Granted pursuant to Republic Act (R.A.) No. 10156, dated December 20, 2011, otherwise known as the “An Act Conferring upon Members of the Sangguniang Bayan, Sangguniang Panlungsod and Sangguniang Panlalawigan, the Appropriate Civil Service Eligibility under Certain Circumstances, and for Other Purposes”. In accordance with Civil Service Commission (CSC) Resolution No. 1300486, promulgated on March 6, 2013 and circularized through CSC Memorandum Circular No. 12, s. 2013 dated May 31, 2013, the SME is granted effective May 1, 2013 to the following Sanggunian Members, who have been elected after the effectivity of the Local Government Code of 1991 (RA 7160) or on May 11, 1992 onwards:
- Vice mayor, as presiding officer for the Sangguniang Bayan or Sangguniang Panlungsod;
- Vice governor, as presiding officer for the Sangguniang Panlalawigan; and
- Regular Sanggunian Members of the Sangguniang Bayan, Sangguniang Panlungsod and Sangguniang Panlalawigan.
Scientific and Technological Specialists (PD 997) are exempted from taking 2018 Civil Service Examination
Granted pursuant to P.D. No. 997, dated September 16, 1976, titled “Conferring Civil Service Eligibilities on Scientific and Technological Specialists on the Bases of Their Qualifications and the Requirements of Public Service”. The STSE is conferred on an S&T Specialist who has at least a Bachelor’s degree in areas enumerated in Section 1 of the Rules and Regulations Implementing the Provisions of PD No. 997 (Revised 2009) and who meets any of the following additional requirements:
- At least three (3) years of continuous experience in research and/or teaching in the pertinent field, which may include specialized training in research, or teaching experience at the college level in one’s major field or field of specialization, or completion of a patented invention; or
- Has earned a master’s or doctorate degree in any of the fields of study enumerated under Section 1 of the Rules and Regulations Implementing the Provisions of PD No. 997 (Revised 2009) from a school recognized by the Commission on Higher Education at the time of filing of application.
Possessing Category II Skills (CSC MC 11, s. 1996, as Amended) are exempted from taking 2018 Civil Service Examination
Granted pursuant to CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, as amended by CSC MC No. 10, s. 2013. The various skills eligibilities under CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, as amended, are granted to individuals who meet the requirements of positions, qualifications for which are not measurable by written tests, such as plant electrician, automotive mechanic, heavy equipment operator, laboratory technician, shrine curator, carpenter, draftsman, plumber, and others. Category II – refers to positions listed under CSC MC No. 11, s. 1996, as amended, including CSC MC No. 3, s. 2008, the required eligibility for which can be obtained by completing one year of very satisfactory actual work performance under temporary status of appointment.
Veteran Preferences (EO 132/790) are exempted from taking 2018 Civil Service Examination
Granted under Executive Order (EO) No. 132, s. 1948 and EO No. 790 dated April 3, 1982. Any of the following individuals, in the alternative, is qualified to avail of the VPRE:
- The veteran himself/herself; or
- The veteran’s spouse; or
- Any one of the veteran’s children.
How to get Civil Service Eligibility Certification
If you are one of these eligible not to take the Civil Service Examination, then go to the nearest CSC office and inquire about the requirements you need to submit to have your certification.
- 2019 Civil Service Exam Schedule | First Batch and Second Batch
- Downloadable PDF File of the Application Form
- Civil Service Commission Field Offices | Contact Numbers, Location and Email Address
- Scope and Coverage of Civil Service Exam | Professonial and Sub-Professional
- CSC Computerized Examination (CSC COMEX) | Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the difference between Professional and Sub-Professional Civil Service Exam?
- JOIN this Facebook Group: Civil Service Exam 2019 Community