In the recently released 2020 Civil Service Commission Examination Announcement, the Fire Officer Examination is set on June 21, 2020. The CSC shall issue separate examination announcements on the CSC website for the Fire Officer Examination and Penology Officer Examination.
Fire Officer Examination 2020 Schedule
Fire Officer Examination 2020 Application Period
The schedule of opening and acceptance of filing of application for the Fire Officer Examination 2018 will be from March 31 to April 30, 2020. as per Examination Announcement No. 07 , s. 2019.
Disclaimer: The next sets of information that you will read are based from the previous Fire Officer Examination. We will update this information once the CSC has issued the separate examination announcement. If you want to be update, make sure to put your email address below.
- San Fernando City, La Union
- Tuguegarao City
- City of San Fernando, Pampanga
- Batangas City
- Legazpi City
- Iloilo City
- Cebu City
- Tacloban City
- * Zamboanga City
- * Cagayan de Oro City
- * Davao City
- * Cotabato City
- NCR Quezon City
- CAR Baguio City
- Caraga* Butuan City
- *May also cater to examinees from ARMM
Qualification and Admission Requirements for the FOE
All applicants MUST STRICTLY MEET the following qualification requirements:
- Must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be of good moral character;
- Must be mentally and physically fit;
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or of disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness or addiction to drugs;
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government;
- Must possess a baccalaureate degree from a recognized institution of learning; and
- Age and height requirements.
a. For FOE, age requirement shall be waived for incumbent employees of the BFP. Age requirement shall also be waived for former BFP employees, provided their applications are endorsed by the BFP and provided further that they can meet the minimum service requirement pursuant to existing laws.
b. Approval of applications may be recalled any time upon discovery of applicant’s disqualification, for which the examination fees paid shall be forfeited.
c. Applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225 (Citizenship Retention and Re-acquisition Act of 2003) may apply for and take the examination upon presentation of original, and submission of a copy of, Certification of Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship from the Bureau of Immigration, and meeting of all the other admission and application requirements for the examination.
d. Applicants with pending administrative and/or criminal cases may take the examination and shall be conferred the eligibility if they successfully pass the same. However, this is without prejudice to the outcome of their pending cases. If they are found guilty, their eligibility shall be forfeited based on the penalties stated in the decision and pursuant to Section 52 (a) of the Revised Rules on Administrative Cases in the Civil Service.
e. Passers of the regular Bar examination given by the Supreme Court of the Philippines and of Board examinations given by the Professional Regulation Commission are automatically granted a civil service eligibility pursuant to Republic Act (RA) No. 1080. They are automatically considered as civil service eligibles in accordance with CSC Resolution No. 90-1212. Thus, they may opt not to apply and take the corresponding examination anymore. Also, individuals who were granted the Honor Graduate Eligibility pursuant to P.D. 907 may opt not to apply and take the corresponding examination anymore.
Application Requirements for the FOE
1. Fully accomplished Application Form (CS Form No. 100, Revised September 2016).
Note: The spaces for “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” on the Application Form should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
2. Four (4) pieces of identical I.D. pictures with specifications, as follows:
- Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Colored, with white background
- Taken within three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Printed on good quality photo paper
- In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin)
- In bare face (with no eyeglasses, colored contact lens, or any accessories that may cover the facial features; facial features not computer enhanced)
- Showing left and right ears
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With neutral facial expression, and both eyes open
- With HANDWRITTEN (not computer-generated) name tag legibly showing SIGNATURE OVER PRINTED FULL NAME in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any
3. Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which must be valid (not expired upon filing of application):
- Driver’s License;
- Passport;PRC License;
- SSS I.D.;
- GSIS I.D. (UMID);
- Voter’s I.D.;
- BIR I.D. (ATM type/TIN card type with picture);
- PhilHealth I.D. (must, at the least, contain the holder’s name, clear picture, signature and PhilHealth number);
- Company/Office I.D.;
- School I.D. (validated for the current school year/semester/trimester);
- Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate (with picture);
- Postal I.D.;
- Barangay I.D.; or
- NBI Clearance
Note: All other I.D. cards not included in the above list shall NOT be accepted.
4. Examination fee of Seven Hundred Pesos (PhP700.00).
Testing Centers for the FOE
To be announced. We will update this article once there the official announcement of CSC has been released.
Additional Requirements for the FOE
- Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate issued/authenticated by the National Statistics Office (for applicants without date of birth in their I.D. card/s)
- Original and photocopy of Certification of Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship issued by the Bureau of Immigration (for applicants holding dual citizenship under R.A. 9225)
- Certification of Employment issued by the authorized agency official (for incumbent employees of BFP, BJMP, Bureau of Corrections, and all Provincial and SubProvincial Jails, availing of age and/or height requirement/s as applicable)
- Application Indorsement by the authorized BFP/BJMP official with a statement certifying that the applicant can meet the minimum service requirement pursuant to existing laws (for former employees of BFP/BJMP/penology and correctional agencies, availing of age and/or height requirement/s as applicable)
- Certification of membership to a cultural community issued by the authorized official of the NCIP, or the NCMF (for POE applicants belonging to cultural communities to be able to avail of automatic waiver for height requirement)
Application Form for the FOE
1. Where to Get Application Form
The application form (CS Form No. 100, Revised September 2016) is available at any CSC Regional/Field Office, or may be downloaded from the CSC website: www.csc.gov.ph. The application form may be photocopied using legal size bond paper.
2. Where to File Application
Applicants must personally file their applications at the CSC Regional Office (CSC RO), or at any of the CSC RO’s Field Offices, where they intend to take the examination.
1) A complete directory of CSC Regional and Field Offices nationwide is available at the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph for reference. Read: Civil Service Commission Field Offices | Contact Numbers, Location and Email Address.
2) Only applications with a COMPLETE set of application documentary requirements under Item D of this Announcement must be submitted to the CSC Regional/Field Office. Download Link: Downloadable PDF File of the Application Form.
3) Proper attire should be worn during filing of application. SLEEVELESS SHIRT/BLOUSE, SHORTS/SHORT PANTS, and SLIPPERS are NOT allowed.
Examination Venue for the FOE
As applicable, examinees shall be informed of their places of examination (school assignment) through the Online Notice of School Assignment (ONSA).
ONSA shall be available via the CSC website www.csc.gov.ph approximately two weeks before examination day. Examinees are advised to have a print-out of their Notice of School Assignment using ONSA.
Otherwise, a corresponding Examination Advisory on schools to be used as testing venues shall be posted in the CSC website at least one (1) week before examination day.
Related inquiries should be coordinated directly with the CSC Regional/Field Office concerned.
NOTE: Examinees, as applicable, are advised to visit and have an ocular inspection of their assigned school at least one day before the examination day to familiarize them with the school’s location.
Scope and Coverage for the FOE
Passing Grade of the Fire Officer Examination
To pass the test, an examinee should get a general rating of at least 80.00.
Related article: Penology Officer Examination 2020