This is the latest General Community Quarantine (GCQ) Guidelines released by the Malacañang Palace through the Executive Order No. 112 series of 2020.
What is General Community Quarantine (GCQ)?
It refers to the implementation of temporary measures limiting movement and transportation, regulation of operating industries, and presence uniformed personnel to enforce community quarantine protocols.
Areas Under GCQ
For the same period, a GCQ is hereby imposed in all other areas of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. See the list of areas under ECQ.
The Omnibus Guidelines on the Implementation of Community Quarantine in the Philippines, as approved and recommended under IATF Resolution No. 30 is hereby confirmed and adopted.
Approved GCQ Guidelines
- Minimum public health standards shall be complied with at all times for the duration of the GCQ.
- The movement of all persons in areas placed under GCQ shall be limited to accessing essential goods and services, and for work in the offices or industries permitted to operate hereunder. Provided, that movement for leisure purposes shall not be allowed.
- Any person below twenty-one (21) years old, those who are sixty (60) years old and above, those with immunodeficiency, comorbidities, or other health risks, and pregnant women, including any person who resides with the aforementioned, shall be to remain in their residences at all times, except when indispensable under the circumstances for obtaining essential goods and services or for work in permitted industries and offices.
- Work in government offices may be at full operational capacity, or under such alternative work arrangements as agencies may deem proper in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations issued by the Civil Service Commission (CSC).
- Accredited diplomatic missions and international organizations may be at fifty peti)ent (50%) operational capacity. Alternative work arrangements such as flexible work arrangements, compressed work week, telework, and telecommuting is strongly encouraged.
- The following sectors or industries shall be allowed to operate:
- Category I Industries – Agriculture, fishe1Y, and forestry industries, food manufacturing and food supply chain businesses, including food retail establishments such as supermarkets, grocery stores, and food preparation establishments insofar as take-out and delivery services, food delivery services, health-related establishments, the logistics sector, information technology and telecommunication companies, the media, at full operational capacity;
- Category Il Industries – Mining and other manufacturing, export-oriented, and electronic commerce companies, as well as other delivery, repair and maintenance, and housing and office services, at anywhere between fifty percent (50%) up to full operational capacity, and without prejudice to work-from-home and other alternative work arrangements; and
- Category Ill Industries – Financial services, BPOs, legal and accounting, and auditing services, professional, scientific, technical, and other non-leisure services, barber shops, salon, and other personal care services as defined by the DTI, and other non-leisure wholesale and retail establishments, at a maximum of fifty percent (50%) work-on-site arrangement, and without prejudice to work-from-home and other alternative work arrangements,
- Specific industries under each category are reflected in a separate document issued by the DTI.
- Limited operations in malls and shopping centers shall be allowed, except for leisure establishments and services which shall continue to be closed. Provided, that establishments and services allowed to operate in malls and shopping centers may only operate at a capacity consistent with item (5) of this Section. Provided, further, those ages below 21 yea1S old, and those 60 years old and above may not enter malls and shopping centers, except when indispensable under the circumstances for obtaining essential goods and services or for work in establishments located therein. Provided, finally, that DTI may issue guidelines to limit toot traffic in such establishments.
- Essential public and private construction projects, such as but not limited to sewerage, water services facilities, and digital works, and health facilities, and priority projects, shall be allowed to operate in accordance with guidelines issued by the DPWH, reflected in a separate issuance.
- Amusement, gaming, and fitness establishments, as well as those in the kids and the tourism industries, and all Category IV industries may not operate. Industries in Category IV are reflected in the separate DTI issuance mentioned above.
- No hotels or similar establishments shall be allowed to operates except those accommodating the following:
- For areas outside Luzon, guests who have existing booking accommodations for foreigners as of May 1, 2020;
- Guests who have existing long-term bookings;
- Distressed Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) and stranded Filipinos or foreign nationals;
- Repatriated OFWs in compliance with approved quarantine protocols;
- Non-OFWs who may be required to undergo mandatory facility-based quarantine; and
- Healthcare workers and other employees from exempted establishments under these Omnibus Guidelines and applicable Memoranda from the Executive Secretary.
- Provided that in all of the foregoing, hotel operations shall be limited to the provision of basic lodging to guests.
- Physical classes shall be suspended for the duration of the GCQ.
- This notwithstanding, Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) may hold classes through flexible learning arrangements to finish the Academic Year 2019-2020, and may operate at a limited capacity to receive students’ requirements and prepare and issue credentials to students subject to the guidelines as may be issued by the Commission on Higher Education.
- The prohibition on mass gatherings as provided in Section 2 of these Guidelines shall also be applicable to areas placed under GCQ.
- The road, rail, maritime, and aviation sectors of public transportation shall operate at a reduced capacity in accordance with guidelines issued by the DOTr. Provided, that in all public transports, a strict one (1) meter distance between passengers shall be observed and appropriate engineering controls in place.
Read Also: Enhanced Community Quarantine (GCQ) Guidelines | From IATF and Malacañang Palace
Ecq vs gcq…parehas padin po na hindi makapaghahanap buhay ng maayos ang mga tao..mas highrisk panga po na baka may magkahawaan pag gcq…ang gusto ko po sabihin bakit hindi na makatatangap ng ayuda oh (sap)social ammelioration program ung isasailalim na sa gcq..eh galing din naman sa ecq..at isa pa halos wala din naman pinag iba mas ma highrisk panga magkahawaan at hindi din naman normal ang situation..bkit mawawalan ng tulong pinansyal..inaasahan ng karamihan na may pangalawang bugso ng tulong para merong mapagsimulan..para makabwelo sa bigat oh hirap ng sitwasyon na nangyayari sa bansa…ecq vs gcq..hindi normal parehas ang pamumuhay…unfair lng kc eh di din naman kmi makakapaghanap buhay ng maayos at highrisk pa kmi kc medyo open eh hindi panaman na reresolve si covid…so dasal nalang siguro..
Dahil po extend ng ecq kami po ngayon ay nakakaranas ng paghihirap dahil no work no pay po kami tapos hindi pa kami kasama s,sinasabi ninyo ayuda n 5k-8k dahil d daw kami qualified paano n po gagawin namin kahit tulong n galing s goverment wala din kami n tatangap.kaya nga po dinadasal n lng namin n malaman sana ni pres.duterte ang nangyayari s mga hindi nabibigyan ng tulong.