GSIS is currently looking for 10,000 college students who are interested to avail of the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP).
Objectives of the GESP
In the statement of Mr. Rolando Ledesma Macasaet, GSIS Chairman and concurrent Acting President and General Manager, the educational subsidy program’s objectives are:
- To provide wider access to quality college education to the marginalized sector; and
- To augment the means of its low-income members in sending their children or dependents to college through the grant of a P10,000 yearly allowance.
Who can apply to the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program?
- All active GSIS members with permanent employment status;
- With Salary Grade 24 (or it’s equivalent) and below; and
- With no unpaid or underpaid loan amortization for more than three months.
Who can be nominated as a GESP grantee?
If you are a dependent of a qualified member with any of the following educational status:
- College students at any year level
- With 4 or 5-year course
- Enrolled in any CHED-recognized school
- Without any scholarship from public or private agencies
What are the requirements?
A. For the GSIS member
- Filled out GESP Application Form
- Service Record or Certificate of Employment
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Certificate of Registration of Grades (1st Semester 2019-2020)
Where to send the application?
You can send all application requirements at [email protected] or proceed to the nearest GSIS branch.
Deadline of Application
All applications will be accepted on or before 15 September 2020. It can be via email, courier, or walk-in.
Source: GSIS Official Facebook Page