GSIS is currently looking for 10,000 college students who are interested to avail of the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP).
Objectives of the GESP
In the statement of Mr. Rolando Ledesma Macasaet, GSIS Chairman and concurrent Acting President and General Manager, the educational subsidy program’s objectives are:
- To provide wider access to quality college education to the marginalized sector; and
- To augment the means of its low-income members in sending their children or dependents to college through the grant of a P10,000 yearly allowance.
Who can apply to the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program?
- All active GSIS members with permanent employment status;
- With Salary Grade 24 (or it’s equivalent) and below; and
- With no unpaid or underpaid loan amortization for more than three months.
Who can be nominated as a GESP grantee?
If you are a dependent of a qualified member with any of the following educational status:
- College students at any year level
- With 4 or 5-year course
- Enrolled in any CHED-recognized school
- Without any scholarship from public or private agencies
What are the requirements?
A. For the GSIS member
- Duly accomplished GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP) Application Form with stated Business Partner (BP)
Number (please coordinate with the GSIS frontline information officer for the BP Number);
- Certificate of Employment and/or Certified True Copy of Service Record duly signed by the member’s Agency
- Copy of Birth Certificate (issued by PSA or Municipality);
- Certificate of Registration from the school that the student is accepted or enrolled during the current Academic Year,
and stating thereon the course, the duration of the course, and year level of the student;
- Copy of grades for the first semester SY 2021-2022 or School Certification stating that the general weighted average
of the applicant’s dependent is at least 80% with no failing grade and incomplete mark incurred in any subject within
the preceding semester/term of the academic year.
Where to send the application?
You can send all application requirements at [email protected] or proceed to the nearest GSIS branch.
Deadline of Application
All applications will be accepted on or before 30 September 2021. It can be via email, courier, or walk-in.
Source: GSIS Official Facebook Page