The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) will be giving PhP 10,000 educational subsidy to 10,000 children and dependents of its low-income members through the GSIS Educational Subsidy Program (GESP).
GSIS Official Statement on GESP
According to Rolando Ledesma Macasaet, GSIS Chairman and concurrent Acting President and General Manager, these are the objectives for the said program:
- To provide wider access to quality college education to the marginalized sector; and
- To augment the means of its low-income members in sending their children or dependents to college through the grant of a P10,000 yearly allowance.
“We will select 10,000 children or dependents of members with the lowest annual basic salary from among the applicants nationwide.” – RL Macasaet
The GESP also complements Republic Act No. 10931 or the 2017 Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education which provides free tuition and miscellaneous fees to enrolees of state colleges and universities.
GSIS Educational Subsidy Program | Qualifications
- Open to all active GSIS members with permanent employment status who are occupying salary grade 24 (or its equivalent) and below;
- With updated GSIS premium payments and no unpaid or underpaid loan amortization for more than three months for the duration of the grant; and
- Have college student dependents in any year level who have been accepted in or taking up any four- or five-year course in any university or college recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
The grantees will continue to receive educational subsidy until they finish their college course for as long as they meet the scholastic requirement of 80% general weighted average with no failing grade or incomplete mark incurred in any subject within the preceding semester or term of the academic year.
Other Scholarship: APPLY NOW: SM College Scholarship 2020 | SM Foundation
GSIS Educational Subsidy Program | Requirements
- GESP Application Form
- You may download the form at the GSIS website.
- Birth Certificate of the Dependend
- This must be issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority.
- Certificate of Employment or Certified True Copy of Service Record
- This must be duly signed by the Agency Authorized Officer of the member’s employer.
- Affidavit Statement
- This should state that the student is not a recipient of any other educational or financial assistance program (including the GSIS Scholarship program) for the duration of the grant.
- School Certification
- This should state that that the student is accepted or enrolled during the current academic year along with the student’s course, year level and the duration of the course.
- Report Card
- School certification is also allowed as long as it will state that the general weighted average of the applicant’s dependent is at least 80% with no failing grade and incomplete mark incurred in any subject within the preceding semester or term of the academic year.
Read Also: GSIS Scholarship Application Details
How to Apply to GESP
As of this writing, the application form and other guidelines is not yet finalized. If you are interested to apply, kindly send an email to [email protected] or call (02) 8-976-4970 for GESP inquiries or clarifications.
For more scholarship updates, like and follow this Facebook Page: Scholarships Abroad.