The GSIS Scholarship 2019 is now open. The Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) is now accepting applicants for the enhanced GSIS Scholarship Program (GSP) for Academic Year 2019-2020.
GSIS Scholarship 2019 Benefits
The scholar shall be entitled to the following benefits during the 4- or 5- year course duration:
- Actual cost of tuition and miscellaneous fees not to exceed P40,000.00 per academic year, regardless of the number of terms (not to include summer classes and provided that the course is finished within the regular duration prescribed by the school for that 4- or 5-year course);
- Monthly stipend of P3,000.00
- A scholar who graduates with Latin honor shall be awarded a monetary incentive of Php20,000.00 for cum laude, Php30,000.00 for magna cum laude or Php50,000.00 for summa cum laude.
GSIS Scholarship Documentary Requirements
For all applicants, please submit the following requirements to the nearest GSIS office for processing:
- Duly accomplished forms – Eligible members may secure an application and certification forms from any GSIS office or may download the same from the GSIS website or in this site.
- Dependent’s Birth Certificate
- Certificate of employment of the member (not a requirement for PTD pensioner-applicants)
- Certification from the school that the nominated scholar is accepted as incoming college freshmen dependents during the current Academic Year
Eligibility of the Members to Nominate a Scholar
All active GSIS members [with premium payments for the last six (6) months] may nominate, provided that:
- They are permanent employees in the government, who are regular GSIS members at the time of
application, with at least three (3) years of service;
- They are at salary grade (SG) 24 or below or its equivalent job level; and
- They have incoming college freshmen-dependents who are accepted in or taking up any 4- or 5- year course or in priority courses (Read: List of CHED Priority Courses) identified by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), in a Higher Education Institution (HEI) with its own charter or a school qualified by the CHED as Levels IV and III, Autonomous or Deregulated (Read: List of State Universities and College).
Likewise, all Permanent Total Disability (PTD) pensioners who are below sixty (60) years of age may nominate their children for scholarship, with their last compensation to be used as basis for the selection process.
- Endorsement from the head of agency/office attesting to the veracity of claim that applicant belongs to above-mentioned sectors; and government-issued authentication i.e., PWD ID from the local social welfare development office (LSWDO) or National Council on Disability Affairs; Certificate of Confirmation of Tribal Membership from the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples; and SP ID from LSWDO.
Download: 2019 GSIS Scholarship Application Form
Eligible GSIS members will be selected based on their annual basic salary and length of service. The scholarship grant is non-transferable. Only those who complied with above-mentioned requirements are qualified to apply.
Application Period of GSIS Scholarship
You may apply from April 22 to June 24, 2019. For follow up or inquiries, send an email to [email protected] or call (02) 976-4970.
I want to apply to my financial study
please help me how to apply for this scholarship
Please see the contact information in the article.
Pwedi pa po bang mag apply?
Unfortunately tapos na po ang deadline. Wait for GSIS Scholarship 2020.
Good morning di po ako member pwede po ba iapply ko ang anak ko.?
Pwede pa po ba mag-apply?
income not sufficient
strongly like to apply because salary grade is very low
we are strongly like to apply the GSIS SCHOLARSHIP for we are below SG 24. income is not sufficient to cover the education expenses. LOW INCOME AN LOW SALARY GRADE.
Please give chances for the undergraduate college students kahit hindi freshmen.
There are other scholarships like JLSS-DOST and CHED.
Hi, my sister wants to apply for GSIS scholarship and my father was a GSIS member, he passed away in 2013, can she avail the scholarship? she is an incoming freshman. Thank you.
As per GSIS policy is concerned, dapat active member. So buhay pa po dapat. Tapos paid ng last six months contributions. But you can call the nearest GSIS office para maginquire baka may special cases silang ibigay.
Paano po magapply? Region 3 po kami.
Please read the details in the article.
Hello mam/sir ngayon ko lang nabasa ang magandang balitang ito. As of May 8,2019wede pa po bang mag apply?
Yes pwede pa. Until June.
may chance po ba pag incoming 4th year ako?
Priority po ang incoming freshman.
I pray you can choose me, I am eligible person, I hope you can support my financial problems. Thank you so much. God Bless
Hindi po aq member ng GSIS,pero PWD po ang anak q.deaf sya.pwede q po b sya iapply ng scholarship?
Try to check your LGU or Provincial Capitol for scholarships among PWDs.
Good Day maam may I ask if you accept college student?
Hi. This is only for incoming freshman students. 400 scholarship awardees lang.
Pwede po ba ako mag avail coming 2nd year student na po ako sa college?
Priority is given to incoming freshman students.
How to apply for the scholarship?
Download the application form: https://governmentph.com/2019-gsis-scholarship-application-form/ and submit the requirements to the nearest GSIS Office.
Interested poh ako
Apply now sa GSIS Scholarship.