The Honor Graduate Eligibility is granted by the virtue of Presidential Decree (P.D.) No. 907, dated March 11, 1976, titled “Granting Civil Service Eligibility to College Honor Graduates”. You can apply for this eligibility if you graduated summa cum laude, magna cum laude or cum laude, in your baccalaureate degree, regardless of the number of years of completion.
Documentary Requirements for the Honor Graduate Eligibility
1. Properly accomplished Application Form (CS Form 101-D, Revised Sept. 2013);
3. Original and photocopy of any of the following I.D. cards, which must be valid (not expired) upon filing of application, and bears the applicant’s complete name, picture and signature, and the issuing officer’s name and signature:
- Driver’s License;
- Passport;PRC License;
- SSS I.D.;
- GSIS I.D. (UMID);
- Voter’s I.D.;
- BIR I.D. (ATM type/TIN card type with picture);
- PhilHealth I.D. (must, at the least, contain the holder’s name, clear picture, signature and PhilHealth number);
- Company/Office I.D.;
- School I.D. (validated for the current school year/semester/trimester);
- Police Clearance/Police Clearance Certificate (with picture);
- Postal I.D.;
- Barangay I.D.; or
- NBI Clearance
4. Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate of the applicant authenticated/issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO);
6. Certification executed by the applicant that he/she has no pending administrative and/or criminal case before any court/authorized body, and that he/she has never been found guilty/convicted of any administrative offense and/or crime, using the prescribed CSC SPEL Form 1, April 2012; and
Specific Documentary Requirements for the Honor Graduate Eligibility
1. Original and photocopy of Transcript of Record (TOR) of the applicant;
2. Certification from the university/college that the applicant graduated summa cum laude, magna cum laude, or cum laude duly signed by the current university/college registrar or authorized official and bearing the university/college seal. (This Certification is not the Diploma and is separate from the Transcript of Record); and
3. List of Honor Graduates certified and submitted by the School Registrar to the CSC (agency to agency concern).
Where to File Application for the Honor Graduate Eligibility
Properly accomplished CS Form 101-D (Revised, Sept. 2013), together with the pictures and other documentary requirements, must be submitted to the CSC Regional Office, or any of its Field Offices, having jurisdiction over the university/college from where an applicant has graduated.
Modes of Filing of Application
A. By the Applicant in Person
This mode of filing an application involves the applicant himself/herself going to the CSC Regional Office concerned, or to any of its Field Offices, to personally submit his/her application and documentary requirements. This is the most recommended mode of application filing, as this will allow interview of the applicant as to his/her qualifications and other circumstances relevant to his/her application for eligibility grant.
B. Through Representative
- This mode involves a representative of the applicant going to the CSC Regional Office concerned, or to any of its Field Offices, to submit the application and documentary requirements.
- Filing of application through a representative shall require the submission of the following additional documents:
- Authorization Letter executed by the applicant; and
- Original and photocopy of at least one (1) valid I.D. card of the representative.
Note: While filing of application may be coursed through a representative, the applicant shall be required to appear personally before the CSC for the proper issuance and acceptance of the Certificate of Eligibility, should the application be approved. Representative/s shall not be allowed to receive the Certificate of Eligibility on behalf of the applicant-grantee.
C. Through Conduit CSC Regional Office (RO)
This mode involves applicants who have moved to or are presently based in another region that is far-off from the authorized CSC Regional Office (RO) having jurisdiction over their cases.
In this instance, an applicant concerned, or his/her representative, may file the application to the CSCRO nearest the applicant’s present place of residence or work. Said CSCRO shall act as conduit between the applicant and the authorized CSCRO in facilitating acceptance of the application, and release of the corresponding Certificate of Eligibility (COE) should the application for eligibility grant be approved.
This mode of application filing takes time, considering that communications between the conduit CSCRO and the authorized CSCRO are dispatched at least via registered mail.
D. Through Mail
This mode involves the applicant sending his/her application and documentary requirements (including originals) to the CSC Regional Office concerned through either registered mail, or courier. This mode takes time in view of anticipated exchange of communications.
Delays and lost of documents through the negligence of the courier is beyond the control of the CSC Regional Office concerned.
Schedule of Fees
The schedule of fees for the grant of HGE, which covers two (2) stages, is, as follows:
- Stage 1 (Evaluation of Application): Evaluation Fee of P200.00 upon filing of application.
- Stage 2 (Processing of Certificate of Eligibility): Processing Fee of P300.00 only upon approval of application.
Applications filed at the CSC Field Office shall be charged only the Evaluation Fee considering that the applications will be forwarded to the CSC Regional Office for review and final evaluation, and processing of Certificate of Eligibility.
Applications filed through Conduit CSC Regional/Field Office or through Mail (registered mail, or courier) should enclose a Postal Money Order borne in the name of the CSC Regional Office concerned (for graduates of local schools), or the CSC Central Office (for graduates of foreign schools), in the amount of Php200.00 representing payment for the Evaluation Fee.
- Are you exempted from taking the 2018 Civil Service Exam?
- Civil Service Commission Field Offices | Contact Numbers, Location and Email Address