The CHED Scholarship through the Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs) is more than just a scholarships. StuFAPs consist of government-funded scholarships, grants-in-aid, student loans, subsidies, and other incentives for qualified students.
By virtue of Republic Act No. 10687 or the Unified Financial Assistance System for Tertiary Education, UniFAST reconciles, improves, strengthens, expands, and puts under one body all government-funded StuFAP modalities for tertiary education in both public and private institutions . UniFAST was established to promote the development of talented students who will serve the public good, widen the pool of world-class Filipino researchers, artists, innovators, thinkers and leaders.
Full scholars will receive financial assistance worth PhP 30,000.00 while partial scholars are set to receive PhP 15,000.00 per academic year. On the other hand, PESFA scholars will receive PhP 15,000.00.
Qualifications to Apply for CHED Scholarship
1. Must be a Filipino citizen of a good moral character
2. Must be a high school graduate or a candidate for graduation from high school
3. Must have at least 80% General Weighted Average (GWA) based on Form 138
- 90% and above for Full Merit
- 85-89% for Half Merit
- 80-84% for Grant-In-Aid and Student Loan Programs
4. Must belong to a family whose income is not more than Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 300,000.00)
5. Must enroll in CHED priority course (Read: List of CHED Priority Courses)
6. Must enroll in CHED recognized programs in Higher Education Institute (HEI)
7. Must not be more than 30 years of age at the time of application
8. Must not be a recipient of any government scholarship and/or grant
9. For Student Borrower:
- Entering freshman and/or college student in any particular year level
- Must enter into a loan agreement with the CHED Regional Office concerned; and
- Must have a co-borrower who is a member of SSS/GSIS in good standing (at least paying contribution for six months for the last 12 months.
Documentary Requirements of CHED Scholarship
2. High School Report Card Form 138 or Certificate of Grades from the last semester attended
3. Latest Annual Income Tax Return or Certificate of Exemption of parents and/or guardian from Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
4. Certificate of Good Moral Character from high school principal or guidance counselor
5. For Student Borrower:
- Certified true copy of grades during the previous semester attended
- Notarized contract between CHED and student borrower
- Proof of SSS/GSIS premium contribution or co-borrower
- Certification of co-borrower either SSS/GSIS member
Steps on How to Apply for CHED Scholarship
1. Fill out the CHED Student Financial Assistance Programs StuFAPs application form.
2. After you fully accomplished the form, submit it to CHED Regional Offices together with all documentary requirements.
3. After the evaluation of the forms and documents you submitted, CHED will contact/mail you regarding the status of your application.
Updates (Email from [email protected])
For Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs) application, please visit CHED’s website at http://ched.gov.ph/stufaps/ for available scholarships, the requirements, and qualifications.
The submission of requirements will be at your respective CHED Regional Office. For CHED Regional Offices’ contact details, refer to the link: http://ched.gov.ph/regional-offices/