If you are looking for undergraduate scholarships (tertiary education), you can try to apply to DOST Scholarship. There are lots of benefits of this scholarship grant.
Two Types of DOST Scholarship
1. RA 7687 Scholarship
Republic Act No. 7687, also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994”, provides for scholarships to talented and deserving students whose families’ socio-economic status do not exceed the set cut-off values of certain indicators. Qualifiers must pursue priority fields of study in the basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching.
1. Merit Scholarship
The DOST-SEI Merit Scholarship Program, formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship under RA No. 2067, is awarded to students with high aptitude in science and mathematics and are willing to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
Eligibility for DOST Scholarship
- natural-born Filipino citizen;
- poor, talented and deserving student who belongs to a family whose socio-economic
status does not exceed the set values of certain indicators (NOT for MERIT);
- member of the top five percent (5%) of the Non-STEM strand senior high school
graduating class; or
- member of the STEM strand senior high school graduating class;
- resident of the municipality for the last 4 years as attested by the barangay chairman (NOT for MERIT);
- of good moral character and in good health; and
- qualifier of the 2021 S&T Scholarship Examination
- Monthly Living Allowance (P7,000 per month)
- Tuition and other school fees (P40,000 per Academic Year)
- Book Allowance (P10,000.00/year)
- MS/PE uniform for 1st Semester of First Year only (P1,000.00)
- Thesis Allowance (P10,000.00)
- Group Insurance (Premium)
- Transportation Allowance for those studying outside of home province (1 economy-class roundtrip fare)
- Summer Allowance (if required per curriculum)
- Tuition and other school fees (P1,500.00)
- Book Allowance of P500.00 (to submit O.R.)
- Monthly Allowance (2 months)
- Graduation clothing allowance (P1,000.00)
- University of the Philippines
- State Universities and Colleges
- Private Institutions that are recognized by CHED as Centers of Excellence or Centers of Development or has FAAP Level III accreditation for the priority S&T programs of study
How to apply to this scholarship?
The application form can be obtained at the Science Education Institute, 2nd Level, Science Heritage Bldg., DOST Cmpd., General Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City, Metro Manila; DOST Regional Offices; Provincial Science and Technology Centers (PSTC) or Offices of the Congressmen and Senators. It can be downloaded at www.sei.dost.gov.ph or just simply go to this download LINK.
Bring all necessary requirements. (Read: Complete List of Requirements for DOST Scholarship Application)
Accomplished form can be filed at the Science Education Institute, or DOST Regional Office/PSTC nearest the applicant’s school or home address. (Read: List of DOST Regional Offices with Contact Numbers)
The Test Permit shall be mailed to the applicant/s or school principal for distribution to the applicants. In case the test permit is not received within the week before the examination day, the applicant may inquire from the DOST Regional Office / PSTC and check the nearest designated test center a day before the examination.
Deadline of Filing of Application
For 2023 DOST Scholarship, you can now start filing your application. The deadline of filing will be on December 2, 2022.
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact the S&T Scholarship Division at telephone numbers: (02)837-1333; (02)839-0083; (02)837-2071 local 2382; Cellphone no.: 09278868816; e-mail: [email protected]
- How to Apply Online
- DOST Scholarship Requirements and Exam Coverage
- DOST Priority Courses
- DOST Testing Centers
We know that you have lots of questions, so we created an article – DOST Scholarship FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions). Make sure you read that.