If your child is an incoming freshman college students, you may apply him/her to the 2018 GSIS Scholarship Program. Application started already since April 16 and will end on June 15, 2018.
Benefits of the GSIS Scholarship Program
The scholar shall be entitled to the following benefits during the 4- or 5- year course duration:
- Actual cost of tuition and miscellaneous fees not to exceed P40,000.00 per academic year, regardless of the number of terms (not to include summer classes and provided that the course is finished within the regular duration prescribed by the school for that 4- or 5-year course); and
- Monthly stipend of P3,000.00
Read Also: 112 SUCs and 78 LUCs Covered by Free Tuition Law (RA 10931)
Documentary Requirements for the GSIS Scholarship Program
For all applicants, please submit the following requirements to the nearest GSIS office for processing:
- Duly accomplished forms – Eligible members may secure an application and certification forms (see reverse portion) from any GSIS office or may download the same from the GSIS website. Download the form in this link.
- Dependent’s Birth Certificate
- Certificate of employment of the member (not a requirement for PTD pensioner-applicants)
- Certification from the school that the nominated scholar is accepted as incoming college freshmen dependents during the current Academic Year
Eligibility of the Members to Nominate a Scholar
All active GSIS members [with premium payments for the last six (6) months] may nominate, provided that:
- They are permanent employees in the government, who are regular GSIS members at the time of
application, with at least three (3) years of service;
- They are at salary grade (SG) 24 or below or its equivalent job level; and
- They have incoming college freshmen-dependents who are accepted in or taking up any 4- or 5- year course or in priority courses (Annex A) identified by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), in a Higher Education Institution (HEI) with its own charter or a school qualified by the CHED as Levels IV and III, Autonomous or Deregulated (Annex B).
Likewise, all Permanent Total Disability (PTD) pensioners who are below sixty (60) years of age may nominate their children for scholarship, with their last compensation to be used as basis for the selection process.
- Endorsement from the head of agency/office attesting to the veracity of claim that applicant belongs to above-mentioned sectors; and government-issued authentication i.e., PWD ID from the local social welfare development office (LSWDO) or National Council on Disability Affairs; Certificate of Confirmation of Tribal Membership from the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples; and SP ID from LSWDO.
Read Also: How to apply for CHED Scholarship?
Eligible GSIS members will be selected based on their annual basic salary and length of service. The scholarship grant is non-transferable. Only those who complied with above-mentioned requirements are qualified to apply.
For follow up or inquiries, send an email to [email protected] or call (02) 976-4970.
Bakit di pa na publish and result sa GSIS sholarship 2018-2019? It already August.
Contact your nearest GSIS branch.
Where the result for 2018-2019? Until now no result has been published in GSIS website.
Hello. how about po mag aaral ako sa Phil Nippon Technical College. Covered po ba yun ng Scholarship Program? Thankyou!
Hello. ask ko lang po kung sa Phil Nippon Technical College ako mag aaral covered po ba yun ng scholarship program? ty
Is this open to all applicants?
Please read the eligibility po. Dapat ay member ng GSIS. In short, this is for government employees po.