The UPCAT 2019 will consist of 4 subtests: Language Proficiency (in English and Filipino), and Reading Comprehension (in English and Filipino), Science, and Math. Standardized UPCAT scores are combined with the weighted average of the last 3 years of high school final grades to determine the UP admission grade (UPG). To implement the policy of demographic access, the selection of campus qualifiers also considers socioeconomic and geographic factors.
Application Requirements to UPCAT 2019
- Senior high school student expecting to graduate before SY 2019-2020 from a DepEd-accredited high school or an accredited secondary school abroad; OR
- Graduate of a DepEd- accredited high school or accredited secondary school abroad; AND
- With final grades for three (3) high school years preceding the year of graduation;
- Must not have taken any college subject/s prior to taking the UPCAT; AND
- Must not have taken the UPCAT before.
|START OF ONLINE APPLICATION PERIOD
|To be announced
|SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO THE OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS
|July 16, 2018 – August 10, 2018
|DEADLINE FOR FILING OF APPLICATIONS
|27 July 2018 – Metro Manila Private Schools
3 August 2018 – Metro Manila Public Schools
10 August 2018 – Regional Private and Public Schools (Applications received after the August 10 deadline will be processed only if test permits are still available.)
Before you start your application, please prepare the following documents that you are required to submit together with your application. Refer to this checklist before you submit Form 1.
|Category of Applicant
|Four (4) recent 2X2 identical photographs
|Proof of payment of UPCAT application fee
|Completed UPCAT Forms:
Form 1 Personal Data Sheet
Form 2 High School Record
|IF High school graduate
|High school diploma
|IF Graduating in 2019 from a local HS
|DepEd Certificate of Recognition or Permit to Operate
|IF Transferee (i.e. has taken subjects from another high school)
|Certified clear photocopy of the Permanent Secondary School Record (F137) from other school with all the grades earned within
|For Foreign Applicants only
|Proof of payment of UPCAT application fee
How to Apply for UPCAT 2019
STEP 1. Fill out application Form 1 (UPCAT Application for Freshman Admission) online or manually.
For ONLINE application of UPCAT Form 1: Go to https://upcatonline.up.edu.ph
- You will need to read the UP Privacy Notice for UPCAT Applicants before filling up Form 1.
- The UPCAT Online application should be accessed on a laptop or pc, not on a mobile phone/tablet.
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
- Please use legal size (8.5×13) bond paper for printing Forms 1 and 2.
- Fill out UPCAT Form 1 completely online. You will need an email address for logging on to your application account and receiving notifications about your application.
- Print out the pdf copy of your accomplished Form 1, which will be sent to your email upon completion of Form 1.
- Print out UPCAT Form 2 which will also be sent to your email with Form 1.
- Sign in the appropriate boxes provided in Forms 1 and 2 for your signature.
For MANUAL application of UPCAT Form 1:
- Get application forms from:
- Your authorized school representative
- The System Office of Admissions in UP Diliman
- The Office of the Registrar in a UP campus outside UP Diliman
- Fill out Form 1 completely and sign in the appropriate boxes provided for your signature.
- Attach required documents. (Refer to checklist above)
STEP 2. Give UPCAT Form 2 (Secondary School Record) to your high school principal/school head to be filled out.
Only a duly authorized school official may fill out this form with your high school records.
Make sure both you and the school official sign Form 2 and that you get back the accomplished Form 2.
STEP 3. FOR NON-FILIPINO APPLICANTS ONLY: Pay the UPCAT Application fee
The non-refundable UPCAT Application Fee is:
- P450 for resident foreign applicants studying in the Philippines
- US$50 for non-resident foreign applicants
MODES OF PAYMENT: The application fee may be paid through any of the following:
- Any Land Bank (LBP) branch, Account No. 1462-2220-13 (only for peso payments);
- Any Philippine National Bank (PNB) branch, Account No. 393496000021 (for peso payments) or Account No. 393496000039 (for US dollar payments);
- Landbank and PNB will be charging a service fee of P25 for every application;
- Different banks have also set their own fees for the purchase of Manager’s Checks and Cashier’s Checks.
STEP 4. Submit the completed UPCAT Forms 1 and 2 and all other required documents.
Applications may be submitted to:
- UP Office of Admissions, University of the Philippines, 1101 Diliman, Q.C., either in person OR through theauthorized school (not a bank) representative, OR by mail
- Selected regional UPCAT application filing centers in: UP Baguio, UP Cebu, UPEP in Pampanga, UP Los Banos, UP Iloilo, UP Tacloban and UP Mindanao
Include a self-addressed stamped envelope or use return courier service if the Test Permit is to be mailed back to you. Be sure to use your school address.
You will be notified by email regarding the status of your application and the details of your Test Permit. You may also monitor the status of your application by logging on to your UPCAT Online Account (https://upcatonline.up.edu.ph).
STEP 5. Claim your Test Permit
- For applications filed through an authorized school representative, pick up your Test Permit from the school representative, about a week after the date of submission of application;
- For personally filed applications, pick up your Test Permit from the Office of Admissions on the same day;
- For applications filed thru regional filing centers or by mail, wait for your Test Permit to be mailed to your school. The list of examinees with processed applications will also be sent to your school’s official e-mail address. If your name is not among the listed examinees for your school, check with the Office of Admissions (9818500 Local 3827, 3828 or 3831), and follow-up with the UPCAT Examiner assigned to the UPCAT Test Center nearest to your high school on the Friday just before the UPCAT.
Remember the date, time and place of your UPCAT session.