If you want to be part of the Philippine National Police (PNP), you should take the PNP Entrance Examination (aka NAPOLCOM Exam) first. Hera are your guides on how to file an application for the exam.
What are minimum qualification standards for the PNP Entrance Exam?
According to NAPOLCOM, they removed the height requirement for the entrance examination only (successful PNP exam takers are eligible for other government jobs outside the PNP). Police aspirants must still possess the required height – men and women need to be at least 1.62 meters (5’4″) and 1.57 meters (5’2″) tall, respectively to be admitted to the police service. The NAPOLCOM cannot just remove the height requirement because it is mandated by RA 6975 unless this law is amended.
|Applicant Classification||Age||Height||Educational Attainment|
|Civilian||Not more than 30 years old||–||Bachelor’s Degree|
|PO1 (Temporary)||None||–||Bachelor’s Degree|
As long as you are a college graduate and not more than 30 years old, you can file to take the NAPOLCOM Exam.
How to file for PNP Entrance Examination?
1. For a regular schedule of the PNP Entrance Exam, there is a different schedule for online and non-online application (See NAPOLCOM Exam April 2019). You need to get a schedule appointment first.
2. For NAPOLCOM CAEx (Computer-Assisted Examination), you should also set a schedule appointment too.
3. Upon filing, you need to bring the following:
- Printed email confirmation slip
- Application Form (PAS-QFM-QOP15-01)
- Index Card (Index Cards can be obtained for FREE at any NAPOLCOM Regional Office nationwide, or you can download and print it: LINK). This may also be reproduced using the original size of the Index Card.
- Two (2) recent and identical 1×1 ID picture (in color) with white background and complete name tag (indicate rank if PNP member, Last Name, Middle Name, First Name)
- Examination Fee: For regular application (PhP 400) while for CAEx (PhP 600)
- One (1) legal-size window envelope
- Authenticated Transcript of Scholastic Record (with Special Order issued by CHED) and Diploma from CHED-accredited schools, state universities and colleges
- Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper issued by Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or Certified True Copy of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) and duly authenticated by PSA.
- For a PO1 with temporary appointment, a certified true copy of Attested Appointment, Plantilla Appointment or Special Order.
- Any valid identification card with picture and signature
PNP Entrance Exam Coverage
- General Information
- Philippine Constitution and History
- PNP Law and History
- Criminal Justice System
- Current Events
- Social Awareness and Value Judgment
- Verbal Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Basic Concepts
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Logical Reasoning