JICA Philippines is calling all currently enrolled Filipino college students in a duly-recognized academic institution except immediate family members of JICA employees to join the Nationwide Digital Arts Competition.
How to Submit Entries to the Nationwide Digital Arts Competition
- Entries that won in previous competitions, or have been used for commercial purposes or published will not be eligible.
- Likewise, entries with elements whose copyright belong to other organizations or other creatives are not qualified.
- Entries must be original digital art (print) form. Animation, motion graphics, and other sub-classification of digital art will not be accepted.
- Submitted entries should be 1080 x 1920 pixels, at least 300 dpi and in JPEG format.
- Entries that are hand drawn, painted, or art form that was scanned/copied/went through manual process will not be accepted.
- Entries should not contain inappropriate content e.g. promotion of brands, malicious or explicit content that can offend race, sex, religion, or public taste.
- Each entry should have a caption (less than 40 words).
- JICA reserves the right to reject submissions with incomplete details. Submission deadline is September 17, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
- The file name of the image should follow this format: family name then first name_date submitted (ex. JavierLara_06302017). Submission should also include the registration form which may be downloaded from: https://www.jica.go.jp/philippine/english/office/topics/index.html
- Only one entry per person is allowed. All entries should be emailed to: [email protected]
- 1st place – 12.9 64GB iPad Pro with Apple Pencil
- 2nd place – Wacom Intous Pro Medium Drawing Tablet
- 3rd place – Wacom Intous WL Medium Drawing Tablet
9 runners up: 1 TB WD External Hard Drives
- All 12 finalists will receive a certificate and their artworks will be used for JICA publications.
JICA Registration Form
Deadline of Submission
Submission deadline is September 17, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
- Each image submitted must be original and an unpublished work of the participant who owns the copyright.
- By submitting an entry for the contest, the participant is also granting JICA the right to use the artwork without any fee payment, for JICA PR activities. JICA will acknowledge the participant accordingly.
Judging and Results
- A panel of judges will select the winners, and the decision is final.
- The following criteria will be used: relevance, creativity, and originality