If you are planning to study in South Korea for free, you may want to apply to 2019 KOICA Scholarship Program. This scholarship program is designed to nurture key leaders in developing countries who can contribute to the socio-economic development of their home countries.
Target Countries for 2019 KOICA Scholarship Program
Note: Philippines is one of the target countries in ASIA.
Scholarship Benefits from KOICA
- Tuition Fees
- Extracurricular Activities: Part of the expenses needed for study visits, workshops, Korean language classes and others, except for regular classes
- Monthly Allowance: KRW 999,000 per month (Around PhP 46,000 per month)
- Settlement Allowance: KRW 600,000 (Expenses needed to enter Korea, such as visa fee, alien registration card issuing fee and others)
- Scholarship Completion Grants: KRW 300,000
Available Universities and Field of Study
Qualifications for the Scholarship
- Citizenship: Be a citizen of the Scholarship Program target country.
- Government Nomination: Be officially nominated by their governments.
- Be a government employee. With a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of study
- Exception – Applicants with an ‘international development NGO’ background may apply for the program with two letter of recommendations: (1) Office recommendation and (2) Korean Embassy
- AGE: (Preferable) be under age 40 as of February 1, 2019.
- Health: Be in good health, both physically and mentally
- Those with disabilities, but in good mental and physical health, are eligible to apply.
- Those with severe illness are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
- Level of Education: Have a completed Bachelor Degree or an equivalent to college / university level
- English Proficiency: Have a good command of both spoken and written English in order to take classes conducted entirely in English and to be able to write academic reports and theses in English.
- Not be a person who has withdrawn from KOICA’s scholarship program.
Deadline of Application
Application deadline (to KOICA regional offices and Korean Embassy): March 22, 2019.
- Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) Philippines is located at 29th Floor, Petron Megaplaza, 358, Sen Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati, 1200 Metro Manila.
- Korean Embassy Philippines is located at McKinley Town Center, 122 Upper McKinley Rd, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, 1634 Metro Manila.
How to Apply to KOICA Scholarship Program
- Prepare all required documents for your admission package and fill out the ‘Document Checklist’.
- Submit the application package (including both university and KOICA application forms and other required documents) to KOICA regional office or Korean Embassy by the submission date.
- Original copies should be sent to university before the phone interviews.
Note: All the documents needed can be downloaded at KOICA website. Here’s the LINK.
Read Also: How to Apply to CHED Scholarship?