KOICA Scholarship is a program for aspiring students to study in South Korea for free. This scholarship program is designed to nurture key leaders in developing countries who can contribute to the socio-economic development of their home countries.
Target Countries for 2020 KOICA Scholarship Program
Note: Philippines is one of the target countries in ASIA.
Scholarship Benefits from KOICA
- Tuition Fees
- Extracurricular Activities: Part of the expenses needed for study visits, workshops, Korean language classes and others, except for regular classes
- Monthly Allowance: KRW 999,000 per month (Around PhP 42,000 per month)
- Settlement Allowance: KRW 600,000 (Expenses needed to enter Korea, such as visa fee, alien registration card issuing fee and others)
- Scholarship Completion Grants: KRW 300,000
Available Universities and Field of Study
Qualifications for the Scholarship
- Citizenship: Be a citizen of the Scholarship Program target country.
- Government Nomination: Be officially nominated by their governments.
- Be a government employee. With a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of study
- For Private Sectors – Applicants with private sector background may apply for the of 15 scholarship program (except ‘agricultural economics program’ of Kangwon National University) according to detailed qualifications as below.
- Applicants from major related areas; 1 private university (faculties) or private research institute 2 Non-government organizations or international agencies.
- 5 or more years of experience is required in the field above for application.
- Two letter of recommendations from 1 Korean Embassy or KOICA field office within your region, 2 your organization/workplace (with the company’s official seal)
- An official documents providing your work experiences which should include-duration of employment, position, and job description.
- AGE: (Preferable) be under age 40 as of February 1, 2020.
- Health: Be in good health, both physically and mentally
- Those with disabilities, but in good mental and physical health, are eligible to apply.
- Those with severe illness are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
- Level of Education: Have a completed Bachelor Degree or an equivalent to college / university level
- English Proficiency: Have a good command of both spoken and written English in order to take classes conducted entirely in English and to be able to write academic reports and theses in English.
- Not be a person who has withdrawn from KOICA’s scholarship program.
Deadline of Application
Application deadline (to KOICA regional offices and Korean Embassy): June 15, 2020.
- Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) Philippines is located at 29th Floor, Petron Megaplaza, 358, Sen Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati, 1200 Metro Manila.
- Korean Embassy Philippines is located at McKinley Town Center, 122 Upper McKinley Rd, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig, 1634 Metro Manila.
How to Apply to KOICA Scholarship Program
- Prepare all required documents for your admission package and fill out the ‘Document Checklist’.
- Submit the application package (including both university and KOICA application forms and other required documents) to KOICA regional office or Korean Embassy by the submission date.
- Original copies should be sent to university before the phone interviews.
- For online application, get in touch with them through [email protected] or simply send a message at their Facebook Page (Korea International Cooperation Agency Philippines – KOICA 필리핀사무소).
Note: All the documents needed can be downloaded at KOICA website. Here’s the LINK.