This article will give you the list of valid IDs in the Philippines which can be used in any transaction to different government agencies and private organizations. Please present these valid identification cards and prepare a photocopy, just in case needed. It is advisable that you have at least two (2) valid IDs also known as the primary ID so that you will no longer need to present the secondary IDs or documents.
There are many transactions that need such valid IDs. One of the best example is during the new application (or renewal) of your passport, you need to have two (2) valid IDs (Read Requirements for Passport New Application and Requirements for Passport Renewal). Also, for some examinations like PRC or Civil Service Exam, you need valid IDs (Read Requirements for Taking Civil Service Exam).
List of Valid IDs in the Philippines – Primary
- Philippine Passport from Department of Foreign Affairs
- SSS ID or SSS UMID Card from Social Security System (SSS)
- GSIS ID or GSIS UMID Card Government Service Insurance System (GSIS)
- Driver’s License from Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- PRC ID from Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC)
- OWWA ID Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA)
- iDOLE Card from Department of Labor and Employment (iDOLE)
- Voter’s ID from Commission on Elections (COMELEC)
- Voter’s Certification from the Officer of Election with Dry Seal
- Firearms License from Philippine National Police (PNP)
- Senior Citizen ID from Local Government Unit (LGU)
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) ID from Local Government Unit (LGU)
- NBI Clearance from National Bureau of Investigation (NBI)
- Alien Certification of Registration or Immigrant Certificate of Registration
- PhilHealth ID (digitized PVC)
- Government Office and GOCC ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID
- School ID (for students) from the current School or University
- Current Valid ePassport (For Renewal of ePassport)
- For applicants based overseas, they may use their host government issued IDs showing their Philippine citizenship. (Example: Residence Card)
List of Valid IDs in the Philippines – Secondary
- TIN ID
- Postal ID (issued 2015 onwards)
- Barangay Certification
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- Seaman’s Book
- Certification from the National Council for the Welfare of Disabled Persons (NCWDP)
- Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Certification
- Company IDs issued by Private Entities or Institutions registered with or supervised or regulated either by the BSP, SEC or IC
- Police Clearance
- Barangay Clearance
- Cedula or Community Tax Certificate
- Government Service Record
- Elementary or High School Form 137 for students
- Transcript of Records from University or College
- Land Title
- PSA Marriage Contract
- PSA Birth Certificate
Source: DFA Website and PayMaya
banks do not accept voters ID as a primary ID.
Should I use my TIN ID for taking of CSE
Yes you can use it. Check https://civilserviceexamph.com/valid-ids-for-civil-service-exam/
Tinatanggap na po ba ang postal id sa pgkuha ng passport ?sa ibng dfa branch dw po kse hndi pden ntanggap ng postal id as primary id?!
Hindi po sa DFA. Pero sa ibang government agencies, primary ang postal ID. For DFA valid IDs, check here: https://passport.net.ph/list-of-acceptable-ids-in-dfa-passport-application/
Can I apply fora passport on mobile passport even if I am not a resident of the municipalicty where it will be going to held? Thanks
Hindi po. The Passport on Wheels are dedicated for the residents of that certain LGU. But you can always contact the specific LGU, minsan kasi maunti lang ang nag-apply. Maybe they can accommodate you.
Our passport will expired on january 2019 can we renew this month? What are the requirements for renewal of passport?
Do government employees have their priority lane at dfa for renewal of passport? How about the my husband he is not a govt employee but we will renew at the same day can he form his line at priority lane?
Yes, there is a priority lane for Government Employee. And yes, you can bring with you your immediate family members (husband/wife and children).