The information about MEXT Scholarship 2021 was posted on the official Facebook Page of the Embassy of Japan in the Philippines.
Announcement about MEXT Scholarship 2021
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers two kinds of scholarships:
- (1) Teacher Training
- (2) Japanese Studies
Teacher Training | MEXT Scholarship
This is open to teachers who wish to conduct research on school education at designated Japanese universities. You must have the following qualifications in order to apply:
- Filipino citizen
- Born on or after April 2, 1986
- At least (5) five years of teaching experience in primary or secondary schools as of October 1, 2020
- Currently employed as a teacher in an elementary or secondary school
- Interested in and willing to learn about Japanese culture
Allowance of Teacher Training
There will be an allowance amounting to 143,000 yen per month (approximately PhP 65,000 per month). A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
Japanese Studies | MEXT Scholarship
This is open to students who wish to study for a period of one year at designated Japanese universities as Japanese Studies Students in order to deepen their understanding of the Japanese language, Japanese affairs, and Japanese culture. You must have the following qualifications in order to apply:
- Filipino citizen
- Applicants must be born between April 2, 1991 and April 1, 2003
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student and majoring in fields related to Japanese language and/or Japanese culture
Allowance of Japanese Studies
There will be an allowance amounting to 117,000 yen per month (approximately PhP 53,000 per month). A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
Travel and Transportation Expenses
Both Teacher Training and Japanese Studies will cover the travel and transportation expenses. Also, all fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
How to Apply
Please proceed with this application link for complete details.
Deadline of Application
All application materials required for this program are due on February 5, 2021 (Friday) and must be submitted via courier (LBC, Grab Express, Lalamove, etc) to:
- MEXT Scholarship Program
- Japan Information and Culture Center
- Embassy of Japan in the Philippines
- 2627 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City 1300