MMDA Summer Jobs Program for High School and College Students

The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority  (MMDA) has announced their summer jobs program for students aged 17 to 25. Here are the details on how to apply to the said MMDA program.

According to MMDA spokesperson Celine Pialago, around 250 jobs consisting of administrative and clerical work would be open to high school and college students aged 17 to 25 as part of the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES). She said the agency’s summer internship program would last for one month.

Read Also: You can now apply to CHED Scholarship for SY 2019-2020

What is Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES)?

SPES aims at giving poor but deserving students and out-of-school youths a learning experience in government service. This will give opportunity for our youths to learn what it is like working in public service and at the same time provide them with financial means to continue their education.

It is mandated under Republic Act 9547 whose objective is to develop the intellectual capacities of children of poor families and harness their potentials.

How much will be the salary of the MMDA Summer Jobs?

The students would earn P537 per day, which is the minimum wage set for Metro Manila workers. MMDA would pay 60 percent of the students’ salary and the remaining 40% will be shouldered by the Department of Labor and Employment.

What are the requirements?

If the applicant is a high school graduate, he or she should present a photocopy of his or her Form 138 with at least 75 percent passing grade. Applicants in the college level should present class cards.

Applicants should also submit a copy of his or her birth certificate, a copy of latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of parents and for out-of-school youth, a certificate of good moral character from the barangay chairperson of his or her place of residence.

If the parents of the applicant are informal workers such as carpenter, plumber, or vendor, a certificate from the barangay is needed.

How to apply?

Interested applicants can get application forms at the MMDA main office in Makati. Other requirements are school registration form, photocopy of birth certificate and report card.

Address of MMDA Office

Epifanio De Los Santos Corner EDSA, Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati, 1212 Metro Manila. For assistance, you may call our Administrative Service at 882-4155 to 77 loc. 1072/ 1073. Please visit www.mmda.gov.ph for more information.

Read Also: Megaworld Scholarship | Requirements and Qualifications

MMDA Summer Jobs Program

BE UPDATED!

Sign up and be the first one to get notified on new updates from GovernmentPH.com about job opportunities, free seminars and trainings, scholarship, and government memorandum circulars.

Loading...

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*