Before becoming a police officer, one key step is to pass the NAPOLCOM Entrance Exam (aka PNP Entrance Examination). This is open to all Filipino citizens who meet the age and educational requirements as provided herein, as well as to Police Officers I (PO1) whose appointments are temporarily for lack of appropriate eligibility. Those who pass this examination are conferred by the National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM).
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED.
NAPOLCOM Examination Date
The exam is set on October 21, 2018.
Filing Period for NAPOLCOM Entrance Exam
The online application schedule will start on July 30 until August 3, 2018. Please take note that the website is available at 12NN of July 30 onwards).
For non-online application, the filing period will start on August 28 until September 24, 2018.
The Test Center where the applicant will take the exam is automatically assigned by the system based on the permanent/home address provided by the applicant. Please see the table below for the different test centers this 2018 PNP Entrance Exam.
Minimum Qualification Standards
|Applicant Classification||Age||Height||Educational Attainment|
|Civilian||Not more than 30 years old||–||Bachelor’s Degree|
According to NAPOLCOM, they removed the height requirement for the entrance examination only (successful PNP exam takers are eligible for other government jobs outside the PNP). Police aspirants must still possess the required height – men and women need to be at least 1.62 meters (5’4″) and 1.57 meters (5’2″) tall, respectively to be admitted to the police service. The NAPOLCOM cannot just remove the height requirement because it is mandated by RA 6975 unless this law is amended.
Regional Testing Centers
|Region||Exam Center||Region||Exam Center|
|1||San Fernando City, La Union||9||Pagadian City/Zamboanga City|
|2||Tuguegarao City, Cagayan||10||Cagayan De Oro City|
|3||Angeles City, Pampanga||11||Davao City|
|4A||Calamba City, Laguna||12||Koronadal City|
|4B||Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro||CAR||Baguio City|
|5||Guinobatan, Albay||CARAGA||Butuan City|
|6||Iloilo City, Iloilo||ARMM||Cotabato City|
|7||Cebu City, Cebu||NCR||Makati City|
|8||Tacloban City/Calbayog City|
How to Get a Scheduled Appointment
- Applicants must log on the NAPOLCOM official website www.napolcom.gov.ph and click on the ONLINE EXAMINATION APPLICATION SCHEDULING SYSTEM. You can also directly log on to www.napolcom-oleass.com and fill out the mandatory fields.
- Click the SUBMIT after filling out the mandatory fields. A CONFIRMATION will appear if registration was successful. If not, the process should be repeated.
- Clcik the PRINT CONFIRMATION LETTER button flashed on the screen to print his/her confirmation letter.
- Applicant with confirmed schedule shall be sent an auto-generated email wherein they shall be required to access the on-link to enter the required information in the application form. The filled out application form shall be presented by the applicant to the Regional Office during his/her scheduled appointment date together with the confirmation schedule.
The applicant must be at the NAPOLCOM Regional Office on his/her scheduled appointment date with all requirements.
Where to Get Index Cards
Index Cards can be obtained for FREE at any NAPOLCOM Regional Office nationwide, or you can download and print it (LINK). This may also be reproduced using the original size of the Index Card.
How to File
An applicant should file his/her application, together with all the required supporting documents, on his/her scheduled appointment PERSONALLY only at the NAPOLCOM Regional Office where he/she will take the examination. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THRU POSTAL MAIL SHALL NOT BE PROCESSED.
What to Bring When Filing
1. Printed letter-reply with corresponding reference number confirming the scheduled appointment.
2. Electronic Application (NAPOLCOM Form 1-A) and Index Card, duly accomplished by the applicant and two (2) recent and identical 1 x 1 ID pictures (in color) with white background and complete name tag (indicated rank before the first, middle, and last name, if PNP member).
Is there a Fee?
Yes. The Examination Fee is four hundred pesos (PhP 400).
NO OTHER FEES SHALL BE COLLECTED.
3. One (1) legal-size window envelope with twenty pesos (PhP 20.00) worth of mailing stamps.
4. Transcript of Scholastic Record (with Special Order issued by CHED) and Diploma from CHED-accredited schools, state universities and colleges.
5. Birth Certificate (BC) in Security Paper issued by Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) or Certified True Copy of BC issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR) and duly authenticated by PSA.
6. For a PO1 with temporary appointment, a certified true copy of Attested Appointment, Plantilla Appointment or Special Order.
- General Information
- Philippine Constitution and History
- PNP Law and History
- Criminal Justice System
- Current Events
- Social Awareness and Value Judgment
- Verbal Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Basic Concepts
- Problem-Solving Skills
- Logical Reasoning
- Notice of Admission
- Pencil No. 2
- Any valid ID with picture and signature
- Wear PLAIN WHITE TSHIRT or WHITE polo shirt, DARK PANTS and SHOES. Examinees not in the prescribed attire will NOT be allowed to enter the examination area.
Calculator is NOT allowed.
Source: NAPOLCOM Entrance Exam