Here are the things you need to know about the National ID Registration System. The Republic Act No. 11055 shall be known as the “Philippine Identification System Act.” This act will establish a single national identification system referred to as the “Philippine Identification System” or the “PhilSys” for all citizens and resident aliens of the Republic of the Philippines.
Read Also: Get ready for the start of the National ID registration!
What is PhilSys?
The PhilSys is the government’s central identification platform for all citizens and resident aliens of the Philippines. The PhilSys shall primarily be established to provide a valid proof of identity for all citizens and resident aliens as a means of simplifying public and private transactions. The PhilSys aims to eliminate the need to present other forms of identification when transacting with the government and the private sector, subject to appropriate authentication measures based on a biometric identification system.
What are the uses of National ID?
The PhilID and PSN shall be honored and accepted, subject to authentication, in all transactions requiring proof or verification of citizens or resident aliens’ identity, such as, but not limited to the following:
- application for eligibility and access to social welfare and benefits granted by the government;
- application for services and benefits offered by the GSIS, SSS, PhilHealth, HDMF, and other government agencies;
- application for passports or travel documents;
- application for driver’s license;
- tax-related transactions;
- registration and voting identification purposes;
- admission to any government hospital, health center, or similar institution;
- all other government transactions;
- application for admission in schools, colleges, learning institutions and universities, whether public or private;
- application and transaction for employment purposes
- application for opening of bank accounts and other transactions with banks and other financial institutions;
- application for clearances with the appropriate government agencies; and
- other transactions requiring proof of identity.
Read Also: List of Valid IDs in the Philippines | Primary and Secondary
Who will implement the PhilSys?
The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) shall be the primary implementing agency to carry out the provisions of the PhilSys Act. Overall planning, management, and administration of the PhilSys shall be the responsibility of the PSA.
What information shall be collected?
The information to be collected and stored under the PhilSys shall be limited to the following:
a) Demographic Data
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Blood Type
- Filipino or Resident Alien
- Marital Status (optional)
- Mobile number (optional)
- E-mail address (optional)
b) Biometric Information
- Front Facing photograph
- Full set of fingerprints
- Iris scan
Read Also: Online Application: PSA Certificates (Birth, Marriage, Death & CENOMAR)
Where are the registration centers for National ID?
- PSA Regional and Provincial Offices;
- Local Civil Registry Offices (LCROs);
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) for its members and their dependents;
- Social Security System (SSS) for its members and their dependents;
- Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth);
- Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF);
- Commission on Elections (COMELEC);
- Philippine Postal Corporation (PHLPost); and
- Other government agencies and GOCCs as may be assigned by the PSA.
How can an OFW register for National ID?
In the case of the Filipino citizens residing abroad, the registration shall be made in the nearest Philippine Embassy or Philippine Foreign Service post, or other registration centers that may be designated by the Department of Foreign Affairs in coordination with the PSA.
What are the requirements for National ID Registration?
1. Application Form
The applicant shall submit a duly accomplished application form to any designated registration center. As of this writing, the PSA has not yet publicly released the sample application form.
2. Primary Documents
The application form shall be supported by the presentation of an original copy of ANY of the following primary documents:
- PSA-issued birth certificate and one (1) government-issued identification document with full name, photo and signature or thumb mark; or
- Philippine ePassport issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs; or
- Unified Multi-purpose Identification (UMID) Card issued by Government Service Insurance System or Social Security System; or
- Other equivalent identification documents as may be determined in the guidelines issued by the PSA.
For resident aliens, his or her Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) or ACR ID shall be presented.
In case a married woman presents an identification document which reflects her maiden name, she shall be required to present her PSA-issued marriage certificate should she opt to adopt the surname of her husband.
Who will be prioritized?
PSA will prioritize the registration of the poor, persons with disabilities, senior citizens, indigenous persons.
How to address the concerns of the public on privacy and security?
To address the concerns of the public on privacy and security, the PSA is collaborating heavily with the Council, especially NPC and DICT. In addition, the PSA is consulting with external persons/groups to gather inputs for the development of the system.
Read Also: PhilSys Registry Office is Looking for Data Encoders, Screeners and Registration Officers
What will be the look of the sample National ID?
What are the procedures for National ID registration?
- Prepare all the requirements;
- Go to the designated registration center;
- Proceed to the Biometrics, Fingerprints and Iris Scan;
- Generation of PhilSys Number (PSN); and
- Issuance of PSN and Phil ID (National ID)
Is the registration for National ID free?
The initial application and issuance as well as renewal of the PhilID for citizens shall be free of charge. Renewal shall pertain to the replacement of the PhilID arising from recapturing or updating of biometric information.
When will be the start of registration for National ID?
House Speaker Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo confirmed that the National ID registration will start in September as per PSA. Around 6 million Filipinos will be receiving their National ID during the first batch of release.
Source: PSA Pamphlet and PHILSYS ID
Ano po mga requirements pra makukuha ng national id may psa po sa Quezon city or sa sta mesa manila
Puede ba ang passport as a single valid support document to get a national id.
Paano po kung student po ang kukuha ano ano po mga requirements?. And what if wala pa pong passport ano ano po ba mga magiging requirements?.
Nagsimula na po ba yung registration ng national id?
Kung mkakakuha na po ng National ID how long do Ang validity nito? Thanks
Lahat ba ng branch ng PSA ay tumatanggap na ng application for National ID? Here in CDO… May babayaran po ba kung kukuha ng National ID? Ano po ang mga kailangan Im married…tnx… Admin…
Nag start na po ba ang registration for National ID?
Can I apply now for the national ID system
kelan po pwede mag apply? kukunin ko po Sana yung comelec id ko kaso po ang sabi wala na dw po comelec id. national Id na…. so, need pa po ba magparegister personally?
Pwede po ba sa starmall kumuha sa may PSA Office? O kaya sa PHILHEALTH Sa star mall sanjose?
Saan po makakakuha ng national ID
I am a senior citizen. Can I get now my ID and whose branch? I live in Mandaluyong City. Thank you Sir.
Makakakuha n poh b aqoh ng national i.d
Hi, paano naman po kung married ako pero gusto ko gamitin ung maiden name ko? Pwede po ba un? Lahat po kase ng govt ids ko surname ng husband ko ang gamit ko. Eh hiwalay na po kami, 10yrs na hindi lang annulled. Thanks for answering. Mas gusto ko pa din po kase Maiden name ko magamit.
You are bound by law kasi.
May kakilala ako nakakuha na daw sya ng id sa psa moa
Para sa 4Ps beneficiary ay nagsisimula na talaga ang National ID.
It should be not displayed some of the important information into the ID like address. This should be updated into the system only and will be updated accordingly. All other infos shall be keep into the system only when checking into the system.
Is kailangan po ba ang address na ilalagay is kung saan ka botante? Thanks
Ano kailangan para makakuha ID Ang Sr citizen na bed ridden na. Thanks
Magkakaroon po ng ibang procedure sa ganyan. Stay tune.
REGARDING THAT NATIONAL ID MAAM/SIR IS THAT POSSIBLE THAT I CAN GET ANYWHERE OR THERE ARE SPECIFIC PLACE I CAN CAN GET LIKE KONG SAAN AKO BOTANTE
National Id System registration is free of charge