Out of several security agencies that we avail of to secure our future and those dependent on us, are we still aware of the terms and conditions of each one of them? What are the benefits? How do we claim? Are we eligible for withdrawal?
In this article, we are going to tackle the withdrawal procedures and conditions laid by the Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF), popularly known as Pag-IBIG (Pagtutulungan sa kinabukasan: Ikaw, Bangko, Industriya at Gobyerno) Fund.
Pag-IBIG Fund provides its members with guaranteed compensation of their total accumulated savings (TAV) once the members are deemed eligible. TAV consists of the member’s monthly contributions, annual dividend earnings, and employer counterpart share (if any). The member may claim or withdraw these compensations for reasons such as retirement, total disability, and death (claimed by the member’s dependent). Here’s how.
Who are eligible for Pag-IBIG fund contributions withdrawal?
The first thing to consider in withdrawing or claiming the regular savings from the Pag-IBIG Fund is to know whether you are eligible or not. A Pag-IBIG member becomes qualified to withdraw once any of the following occurs:
- Account Maturity. An account is considered mature when the regular member has a total of at least 240 contributions. In contrast, an Overseas Program (POP) members may withdraw at the end of five (5), ten (10), fifteen (15), or twenty (20) years depending on the option of the member upon membership registration.
- Retirement. A member must have successfully applied for either an optional retirement at the age of 60 or a mandatory retirement at the age of 65.
- Health Condition. If any of the following happens to the member, he/she is eligible:
- Critical illness of the member or any of his immediate family member, as certified by a licensed physician;
- Separation from service due to health reasons;
- Permanent and total disability; or
- Migration. If a member decides to depart from the country permanently, he/she may withdraw his/her savings.
- Death. In the event that a member passes away, beneficiaries may claim the member’s savings.
What are the documentary requirements?
Withdrawing member or beneficiaries shall have the following documents at hand:
- Application Form (Download Link);
- Pag-IBIG Transaction Card and one valid ID;
- Members without Transaction card shall present at least two valid IDs;
- For government employees: Service Record;
- For AFP: Statement of Service; and
- Member’s PSA/NSO birth certificate.
- For Death Claims:
- Member’s Death Certificate;
- Proof of Surviving Legal Heir/s;
- Birth Certificate or Baptismal Certificate of all legal children;
- For Married Members: Marriage Contract;
- For Unmarried Members: CENOMAR; and
- Birth certificate of claimant or beneficiaries.
- For Retirement Claims:
- Certificate of Early Retirement for Private Employees;
- GSIS Retirement Vouchers for Government Employees; or
- Order of Retirement for AFP.
- For any Health Reasons:
- Physician’s Certificate only.
- For Permanent Departure from Country:
- Copy of Passport with Immigrant Visa/Residence Visa/Settlement Visa or its equivalent,; and
- Notarized Sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines Permanently.
How to withdraw Pag-IBIG fund contributions?
The members, authorized representatives, beneficiaries, or legal heirs are allowed to process the withdrawal or claim through the process stated below.
- Go to the nearest Pag-IBIG branch, state your intent, and present your complete documents.
- The Pag-IBIG representative shall verify if you have an outstanding Short Term Loan or Housing Loan.
- After verification of the requirements and TAV, the claimant shall be informed of the date of the disbursement of the claim.
What are the modes of disbursement?
The withdrawal amount or claim shall be disbursed through the following modes:
- Crediting to the claimant’s disbursement/cash card or Payroll Account;
- Through check payable to the claimant; or
- Other similar modes of payment approved by the Board.
For more information, you may contact Pag-IBIG Fund through their contact details here.