The Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) has conceptualized and established the Individual Medical Assistance Program (IMAP) to attend to the financial needs of all individuals with health-related problems through the provision of financial assistance. A guarantee letter is issued to the hospital or partner health facility which assumes the obligations of a specific amount due from the client for the services rendered.
Criteria for the PCSO Medical Assistance
All Filipino patients who request for assistance, either personally or through a representative, on a health-related concern, including:
- Those confined in any health facility
- Those receiving health care management as outpatients; and
- Those seeking management in foreign countries, provided that no health facility within the Philippines is capable of providing such procedure.
PCSO Medical Assistance Coverage
Patients who are currently admitted or have been discharged with promissory note duly acknowledged by the health facility.
Patients who are undergoing dialysis such as, but not limited to Hemodialysis and Peritoneal (Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis or CAPD).
3. CANCER TREATMENT – Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy
Cancer patients who are undergoing therapies such as, but not limited to:
- Oral (Hormonal)
- Radiation Therapy
- External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
- Cobalt Therapy
- Linear Acceleration
- Intensive Modulation Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Radioactive Iodine (RAI)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery or Gamma Knife
- External Beam Radiation Therapy (EBRT)
Such as, but not limited to:
- Factor 8 and 9
- Post-transplant or Post-operative
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin (IVIG)
5. SURGICAL SUPPLIES
6. IMPLANT (Bone/Cochlear)
7. LABORATORY/DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES
- Medical Devices
- Pacemaker device
- Septal occluder
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) devices
- Assistive Devices
- Hearing Aid (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid – BAHA)
- Prosthesis (Leg, Arm, Eye)
- Pulmonary Apparatus (Rental of Ventilator or Respirator
9. NON- & MINIMALLY INVASIVE PROCEDURES
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotrispy (ESWL)
- Laparosconoic surgery
- Endoscopic procedures
Read Also: Lotto Results and Lotto Draws Schedule
10. TRANSPLANT PROCEDURES
- Kidney Transplantation Packages
- For living related transplant package (with Monoclonal induction)
- For living related transplant package (Non Monoclonal)
- Cadaver (Deceased Donor) transplant package
- Liver Transplant Package
11. CARDIO PROCEDURES
- Pacemaker Surgery
- Congenital Heart Surgery
- ASD, PDA, VSD
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
- Aneurysm Surgery
- Peripheral Bypass Surgery
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (Angioplasty)
- Diagnostic procedures (Coronary Angiogram and Cardiac Catheterization)
12. REHABILITATIVE THERAPY
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
Requirements for PCSO Medical Assistance
Here are the basic documentary requirements you need to apply for PCSO IMAP Medical Assistance:
- Duly accomplished PCSO IMAP application form (Download Link)
- Original or Certified True Copy of the Clinical Abstract duly signed by the attending physician with license number. (For wheelchair request, Medical Certification will suffice)
- Valid ID of patient and representative (Read: List of Valid IDs in the Philippines)
- Authorization letter from the patient in cases where there is no immediate relative available for interview.
- For each different type of treatment, you will need to bring different requirements to prove you are indeed suffering from an illness and taking the appropriate treatment (see the table below).
Guides in Applying for PCSO Medical Assistance
1. Ask for Clinical Abstract from the doctor or if many doctors, from one of the doctors in charge of the patient.
2. Ask for the Official Hospital Billing Statement from the hospital officials especially from the finance department. Explain the need to have this for PCSO purposes.
3. Ask a certification from the Barangay Captain certifying that you are a relative of the patient and you are incapable of paying for your hospital bills.
4. Make a letter addressed to the manager or the chairman stating the condition of your patient and your need for assistance.
Mr. Rubin Z. Magno
Charity Assistance Department
3/F Radiotherapy Bldg.
LCP Complex, Quezon Avenue, Quezon City
Telephone Number: 426-3735, 921-7608
Email Address: [email protected]
5. Submit it to the nearest PCSO Regional Office.