Here is the full text via PDF of RA 11261 also known as First Time Job Seekers Assistance Act.
President Rodrigo Duterte signed Republic Act No. 11261 on April 10 and it was posted in Official Gazette website on Tuesday, May 7. This Act shall take effect fifteen (15) days after its publication in the Official Gazette or in newspaper or general circulation.
Highlights of RA 11261
In Section 4 (Covered Governmental Transactions), no fees and other charges shall be collected from first time job seekers when obtaining the following, subject to the requirement in Section 5:
- Police clearance certificate;
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance;
- Barangay clearance;
- Medical certificate from a public hospital, provided that fees and charges for laboratory tests and other medical procedures required for the grant of medical certificate shall not be free of charge;
- Birth certificate;
- Marriage certificate;
- Transcript of academic records issued by state colleges and universities;
- Tax Identification Number (TIN);
- Unified Multi-Purpose ID (UMID) card; and
- Other documentary requirements issued by the government that may be required by employers from job applicants.
Section 5 (Proof of Eligibility) – First time job seekers availing of the benefits provided under this Act shall present a barangay certification stating the applicant is first time job seeker. Provided, that any person found guilty of fabrication or falsification shall be liable under the Revised Penal Code.