This is a good news to all aspiring individuals who want to be part of the Philippine National Police (PNP). The National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) approved the recruitment of 10,000 Patrolmen and Patrolwomen through Resolution No. 2019-707, dated September 13, 2019.
Read Also: PNP ORAS Application Schedule
PNP Recruitment Announcement
According to official NAPOLCOM website, the goal of this recruitment is to address insurgency problems and support personnel build-up programs.
The Philippine National Police (PNP) will recruit 7,895 new police officers for distribution to the PNP Mobile Forces under the 17 Police Regional Offices nationwide while the 2,105 recruits will be allocated to selected National Support Units (NSUs) and other PNP Offices.
PNP Quota Distribution
- Police Regional Office 1 (PRO1) – 450
- Police Regional Office 2 (PRO2) – 350
- Police Regional Office 3 (PRO3) – 300
- Police Regional Office 4A (PRO4A) – 295
- Police Regional Office 4B (PRORB) – 600
- Police Regional Office 5 (PRO5) – 750
- Police Regional Office 6 (PRO6) – 400
- Police Regional Office 7 (PRO7) – 300
- Police Regional Office 8 (PRO8) – 450
- Police Regional Office 9 (PRO9) – 350
- Police Regional Office 10 (PRO10) – 700
- Police Regional Office 11 (PRO11) – 400
- Police Regional Office 12 (PRO12) – 350
- Police Regional Office 13 (PRO13) – 500
- Police Regional Office COR – 600
- Police Regional Office ARMM – 800
- National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) – 300
- Anti-Cybercrime Group (ACG)- 100
- Anti-Kidnapping Group (AKG) – 50
- Aviation Security Group (AVSEGROUP) – 200
- Communications and Electronics Service (CES) – 50
- Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) – 300
- Crime Laboratory (CL) – 250
- Drug Enforcement Group (DEG) – 200
- Directorate for Investigation and Detective Management/ Women and Children’s Protection Center (DIDM/WCPC) – 80
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal/K9 Group (EOD/K9) – 75
- Health Service (HS) – 100
- Headquarters Support Service (HSS)/PNP BAND – 200
- Intelligence Group (IG) – 100
- Information Technology Management Service (ITMS)- 50
- Logistics Support Service (LSS) – 50
- Maritime Group (MG)- 75; Training Service (TS) – 100
- Police Security and Protection Group (PSPG) – 75
- and Police Retirement Benefits Service (PRBS) – 50
How to Apply
There’s an official website for the new applicants: PNP Online Recruitment Application System (PNP ORAS).
You can read this guide on how to create an account and to use the system: PNP ORAS Application Guide.
Minimum Qualifications to be a Police Officer
1. A citizen of the Philippines;
2. A person of good moral character;
3. Must have passed the psychiatric/psychological, drug and physical tests to be administered by the PNP;
4. Must possess a formal baccalaureate degree from a recognized learning institution;
5. Must be eligible;
- PNP Entrance (NAPOLCOM)
- RA No. 1080 (Bar and Board Examinations)
- PD No. 907 (CS eligibility to College Honor Graduates)
6. Must not have been dishonorably discharged from military employment or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government;
7. Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
8. Must be at least one meter and sixty-two centimeters (1.62m) in height for male and one meter and fifty-seven centimeters (1.57m);
9. Must weight not more or less than five kilograms (5kg) from the standard weight Corresponding to his/her weight, age, and sex; and
10. Must not be less than twenty-one (21) nor more than thirty (30) years of age.
Vice-Chairman Casurao said that Chiefs of PNP Offices/Units and members of the various Screening and Selection Committees, including the head and members of the Secretariat, are required to ensure strict compliance with the recruitment procedures and guarantee the appointment of the best and most qualified police personnel, otherwise, they would be subjected to administrative sanctions.