The Philippine National Police Academy (PNPA) is the preliminary stage of the country’s three recognized departments, namely: the Philippine National Police (PNP), Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP), and Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP). Aspiring public safety officers under the three departments enter PNPA as training cadets.
Each year, PNPA accepts qualified applicants to become the new set of scholars for the duration of the study and training with several benefits, funded by the government.
Scholars of PNPA pursue a degree of Bachelor of Science in Public Safety (BSPS), a four-year degree program that educates students all about ensuring public safety in the Philippines.
What are the qualifications for PNPA Cadet Application?
Aspiring PNPA applicants shall fit in the following qualification standards:
- Natural-born Filipino Citizen;
- Must be 18-22 years old before June 1, 2022;
- At least a Senior High School (SHS) graduate before admission (Before May 1, 2022);
- Single with no parental obligation;
- Minimum barefoot height of 5’2” for males and 5’0” for females;
- Must have normal BMI corresponding to age, height, weight and gender;
- Physically and mentally fit to undergo rigorous training;
- With good moral character (not have been convicted of any criminal, administrative or civil case);
- No pending complaint and/or case involving moral turpitude or crimes against the state;
- Must not be a former cadet of PNPA or other service academies.
- Never been dismissed from any private employment or government position for cause.
What are the documentary requirements?
- Scanned Copy of PSA Birth Certificate;
- Scanned copy of the BMI Certificate signed by a licensed Physician (government or private); and
- Scanned copy of Passport Sized ID Picture with name tag.
PNPA awards its cadets a four-year full scholarship grant along with a monthly stipend during the whole duration of the education and training in the academy. Moreover, graduate PNPA Cadets receive employment assurance with the following ranks:
- Inspector in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP);
- Inspector in the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP); and
- Police Lieutenant in the Philippine National Police (PNP).
Read Also: COMELEC Voters Application Form
How to Apply Online
- Applicants need to download and print out a copy of the PNPA BMI Form containing their height, weight, gender and BMI to be filled out and certified by a licensed Physician (Government/Private);
- Applicants will then proceed to fill out all the fields in the online application form;
- Applicants need to attach a scanned copy of their PSA Birth Certificate, accomplished PNPA BMI Form and passport sized ID picture with name tag;
- Upon clicking “submit,” system-generated Notice of Examination (NOE) with QR Code shall be sent to the applicants’ registered email address;
- Applicants should secure a copy and print out of their NOE as the same shall be presented to the proctor/examiner and further scanning of QR Code during the actual PNPACAT;
- Applicants shall register only ONCE after confirmation and approval of his/her online application in the link provided in the official website and QR Code.
Application Period for the PNPA Cadet Application
The online application will run until November 15, 2021. The actual face to face PNPACAT is tentatively scheduled in December 2021.
To know more about PNPA admission and scholarship, contact:
- Office of the Registrar
- [email protected]