This article will give you the requirements for the Late Registration of Birth attended by hilot or midwife. This will also cover those children who are illegitimate and some reminders in filing the application for the late registration.
Requirements for Late Registration of Birth Attended by Hilot or Midwife
1. No record of Birth from (PSA) Philippine Statistics Authority (formerly NSO) and Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO).
2. Affidavit of Midwife/Hilot stating the reason of delay
3. Pre-Natal Record of the mother if 40 y/o and above at the time of the birth of the child regardless of birth order
4. Photocopy/Xerox copy of ID of parents.
5. Marriage Contract of registrant, if married
6. Original copy of any two (2) of the following both showing date and place of birth of the registrant:
- Baptismal Certificate
- Form 137 (either Elementary or High School) or school certification or Transcript of Records
- Voter’s Registration Affidavit
- Employment Records (GSIS/SSS E-1 or E-Form)
- Other documents the OFFICE MAY CONSIDER relevant and necessary for the approval of the application (Philhealth-MDR, Service |Record, Personal Data Sheet, Medical Record, OSCA Certification, etc.)
7. Certified copy of Marriage Contract of Parents or Birth Certificate of Brother/Sister with date and place of marriage of parents or birth certificate of older brother /sister with proof of legitimacy.
Late Registration of Illegitimate Children
If the child is born before August 3, 1988, the FATHER must sign the Affidavit of Acknowledgment at the back of Certificate of Live Birth (COLB). If Father is Deceased, submit documents that will prove the filiation of the child or documents showing that the father has acknowledged the child.
If the child is born from AUGUST 3, 1988 – MARCH 18, 2004, with or without Admission of Paternity at the back of the of Certificate of Live Birth (COLB), the child shall use the SURNAME OF THE MOTHER.
If the child is born from MARCH 19, 2004 – PRESENT
- with Admission of Paternity but no Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF), the child shall use the SURNAME OF THE MOTHER
- with Admission of Paternity and with Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF), the child shall use the SURNAME OF THE FATHER.
- 0 – 6 yrs. old – Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) to be executed by the mother or the guardian, in the absence of the mother.
- 7-17 yrs. old – Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) to be executed by the child attested by the mother or the guardian
- 18 yrs. and above – Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) to be executed by the child without need of attestation.
Fees for Late Registration of Birth Attended by Hilot or Midwife
|Registration Fee and CTC||Php.340.00|
|AUSF if parents are not married at the time of the birth of the child||200.00|
|Additional fee for CTC of AUSF||50.00|
Reminders for Filing the Late Registration of Birth Attended by Hilot or Midwife
- Don’t submit “FAKE DOCUMENTS” to avoid penalty. All supporting documents are subject
for VERIFICATION and FURTHER EVALUATION.
- Birth Certificate and Marriage Contract must be certified photocopy.
- Complete the needed requirements before submission.
Related Article: Requirements for Late Registration of Birth Born in Hospital or Lying-In Clinic
good day po na 2 ang birth cert, hindi po alam ng parents na ipinarehistro ang anak nya ng kanyang byenan,mali ang birthdate and month,and place of birth,parents are correct,only declared sa unang rehistro ay married na,pero hindi pa, naipa rehistro uluit ng parent as late registered(hindi nga po kasi alam na inirehistro na ng lolo),,so lahat ng credentials sa school.baptismal and voters registration,at pati na marriage contract(civil marriage po kasi) ang nagamit ay late register na bc,di po kasi hinanap ang NSO/PSAdahil original copy na ang bc,pati sa mga anak na bc records,ginamit ang bday sa late registration,na yun po ang tama.. den nang mag apply for SSS ,dun pa lang nalaman na may unang rehistro kasi hindi nalabas ang late regitration,at ayon po sa PSA ay na ka freeze,,so ano po ang dapat kayang gawin to make things right.especially sa marriage contract,,ay iyong unang registro na nalabas sa PSA ang naka saad sa SSS,?please help us po,, sa DARAGA ALABAY PO UNNG INIREHISTRO,YUN ANG NAKA REGISTER SA PSA, AT YUNG LATE REGISTER PO AY SA PILAR,SORSOGON,,..MORE POWER ANG GOD BLESS PO,, MAAKING BAGAY P;O ANG INYONG KATUGUNAN,