This article will give you the requirements for the Late Registration of Birth born in hospital or lying-in clinic. This will also cover those children who are illegitimate and some reminders in filing the application for the late registration.
Requirements for Late Registration of Birth Born in Hospital or Lying-in Clinic
1. No record of Birth from (PSA) Philippine Statistics Authority (formerly NSO) and Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO).
2. Endorsement from the hospital and Affidavit stating the reason of Delay.
3. Medical Records/Certification from the hospital that the mother delivered the child in the said hospital.
4. Pre-Natal Record of the mother if 40 y/o and above at the time of the birth of the child regardless of birth order
5. Photocopy/Xerox copy of ID of parents.
6. Certified copy of Marriage Contract of Parents or Birth Certificate of Brother/Sister with date and place of marriage of parents or birth certificate of older brother /sister with proof of legitimacy.
Late Registration of Illegitimate Children
If the child is born before August 3, 1988, the FATHER must sign the Affidavit of Acknowledgment at the back of Certificate of Live Birth (COLB). If Father is Deceased, submit documents that will prove the filiation of the child or documents showing that the father has acknowledged the child.
Submit of any two of the following documents:
- Employment records
- SSS/ GSIS records
- Certification of membership in any organization
- Statement of Assets and Liabilities
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Any public document and private handwritten instrument
If the child is born from AUGUST 3, 1988 – MARCH 18, 2004, with or without Admission of Paternity at the back of the of Certificate of Live Birth (COLB), the child shall use the SURNAME OF THE MOTHER.
If the child is born from MARCH 19, 2004 – PRESENT
- with Admission of Paternity but no Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF), the child shall use the SURNAME OF THE MOTHER
- with Admission of Paternity and with Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF), the child shall use the SURNAME OF THE FATHER.
- 0 – 6 yrs. old – Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) to be executed by the mother or the guardian, in the absence of the mother.
- 7-17 yrs. old – Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) to be executed by the child attested by the mother or the guardian
- 18 yrs. and above – Affidavit to Use the Surname of the Father (AUSF) to be executed by the child without need of attestation.
Fees for Late Registration of Birth Born in Hospital or Lying-In Clinic
|7 months above||240.00||240.00|
|CTC of AUSF||50.00||–|
Reminders for Filing the Late Registration of Birth Born in Hospital or Lying-In Clinic
- Don’t submit “FAKE DOCUMENTS” to avoid penalty. All supporting documents are subject
for VERIFICATION and FURTHER EVALUATION.
- Birth Certificate and Marriage Contract must be certified photocopy.
- Complete the needed requirements before submission.
Related Article: Requirements for Late Registration of Birth Attended by Hilot or Midwife
How abou po pinganak sya nung 1993…tpos walng rehistro…..kasi ang nagpanganak sknya is hilot lng po….ano pong mga req. N dpt gawin step by step…
Please read our article: https://governmentph.com/requirements-for-late-registration-of-birth-attended-hilot-midwife/