The DILG released a Joint Memorandum Circular with DICT and DTI entitled “Revised Standards in Processing Business Permits and Licensing in All Cities and Municipalities” to help streamline business processes in local government offices. The new JMC calls for the promotion of Automation or Computerization of the Business Permit & Licensing System (BPLS) in all cities and municipalities.
As you can see in the table, the application of new business permit should only take 1 to 2 days! Below are the required documents for new business registration.
Requirements for New Business Registration
- Proof of Business registration, incorporation, or legal personality (i.e. DTI/SEC/Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) registration;
- Basis for computing taxes;
- Occupancy permit;
- Contract of Lease (if Lessee); and
- Barangay Clearance (for businesses that are not required to have occupancy permits)
Requirements for Renewal of Business Registration
- Basis for computing taxes
- Barangay Clearance
Standard Steps in Getting Business Permit
1. Application filing and verification – submission of complete accomplished application form with attached documentary requirements and one-time verification.
2. Assessment – one time assessment of fees and charges
3. Pay and claim – one-time payment and receipt of Official Receipt (OR) to securing and other clearances
Inspection (including zoning, environment, building and fire safety, health and sanitation during the construction and occupancy stage) will be undertaken within the year but all inspection are done before renewal or anniversary.
Upon renewal, all clearances/licenses/certificates required by national laws and regulatory bodies shall be complied with:
- Fire Safety Inspection Certificate (FSIC)
- Occupational and safety standards and other similar requirements that will ensure public safety, health and welfare in all workplaces (SSS, Philhealth, Pag-ibig)
- National agency and regulatory body licenses/clearances/certificates
For new business application, the FSIC issued during Occupancy permit is sufficient as basis for FSIC for business permit.
You can download the PDF file of the Joint Memorandum Circular HERE.
Source: DILG Region IV-A Facebook