The Occupational Safety and Health Center (OSHC) under the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has launched their “Selfie for Health and Safety” Photography Contest. The following are the awesome prizes:
- 1st Place: ₱50,000
- 2nd Place: ₱30, 000
- 3rd Place: ₱20,000
- 9 Semi-finalists: ₱5,000 each
- 1 Fan’s Choice Award: ₱5,000
Mechanics of “Selfie for Health and Safety” Contest
- The photo contest is open to all photography-loving individuals residing in the Philippines aged 18 and above. Minors may join provided that they submit a written consent from a parent or guardian.
- All employees of OSHC up to the third degree of affinity or consanguinity are not qualified to join the competition.
- The entry maybe a selfie or groupie on the theme “I am an OSH Champion” which highlights the following:
- Promoting OSH in one’s own workplace
- Sharing the importance of OSH in the workplace, family and community
- Practicing/implementing safe work procedures and strategies
- Participants may submit a photo taken from any medium: point and shoot camera, mobile phone, tablet, DSLR, GoPro, etc.
- No digital manipulation will be allowed. Enhancements may only be limited to cropping, enhanced lenses, as well as color and digital retouching. Entries found to have been digitally-manipulated using Photoshop or other photo editing software will automatically be disqualified.
- Participants may send as many entries as they can but may only win once.
- Photographs should be in digital file, full color, or black and white, with 300 dpi, in JPEG or JPG format, and may be on portrait or landscape orientation.
- Photographs submitted should have no watermark. There should be no identifying mark on the images to eliminate any bias during the screening and judging of the submitted photos.
- The following photographs or images are disqualified:
- Photographs that have been previously submitted or have won in any local or international photography contest.
- Photographs that violate a person’s rights including, but not limited to, copyright and privacy.
- Photographs that contain obscene, sexually explicit, offensive, or any other objectionable or inappropriate content.
- OSHC holds the right to use submitted photos in its publications, presentations, video productions, and other similar materials necessary for the implementation of its programs and projects.
Requirements to Join the “Selfie for Health and Safety” Contest
- Participants must like the OSHC Facebook Page before submitting their entry.
- Duly accomplished Registration Form
- Entries must include:
- Short description with the subject of the photo completing the sentence “I am an OSH Champion so I…..)
- Contestant’s valid ID (Government ID, School ID, Company ID)
- Copyright waiver
- Letter of parental consent (for minors)
Criteria for Judging
Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges based on:
- Adherence to theme/content – 50%
- Creativity and originality – 25%
- Photographic Quality – 25 %
Deadline for submission of entries is on October 31, 2018. Submission portal will automatically close at 5:00 pm on the deadline.
Short-listed entries will be uploaded on the OSHC Facebook Account and be open to public voting from November 12-16, 2018. The entry with the most number of likes will win the Fans’ Choice Award.
For more information, you may directly sent a personal message at the OSHC Facebook Page.