SM has officially announced the start of the application for SM College Scholarship 2021.
SM Foundation was established by Mr. Henry Sy, Sr. and Mrs. Felicidad T. Sy in 1983, with a core principle of PEOPLE HELPING PEOPLE. The foundation, which has served as the heart of the Sys’ SM Group of Companies, aims to empower the people in their communities through health care, disaster response, shelter, environmental programs, care for people with special needs, and education.
In the area of education, SM Foundation has been conducting a scholarship program for college students for over two decades now. SM College Scholarship believes that education is the primary solution to poverty, and through the scholarship program, SM Foundation supports the youth attain their full potential and achieve their dreams.
To date, SM College Scholarship has already supported over four thousand (4,000) scholars.
What are the priority courses for the SM Scholarship 2021?
SM College Scholarship gives financial assistance to incoming college students taking up the following courses:
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Accounting Information Systems
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Internal Auditing
- BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering / BS in Electronics Engineering
- BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, General Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, English
- BS in Financial Management
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Accountancy
- BS in Management Accounting
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS in Accounting Technology
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
Scholars are free to enroll at any school of their choice, given that it is located in the following areas:
- NCR, Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Sorsogon, Quezon, Rizal, Tarlac, Zambales
- Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Negros Occidental
- Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotabato, Zamboanga del Sur
Read Also: SM Partner Schools for their Scholarship
What are the qualifications?
Prior to application, interested applicants shall make sure they qualify through its criteria of eligibility:
- High school graduate:
- From a public high school in the areas covered (see priority schools above); or
- From a private high school vouched by DepEd in the areas covered, but must have completed junior high school from a public school; or
- A grade 12 graduating student from the schools mentioned;
- Has a general weighted average grade of not less than 88% or equivalent for the first semester of the 12th Grade; and
- Has an annual household income of P150,000 or less.
What are the documentary requirements needed?
Applicants need to submit their accomplished online application form with the following attachments:
- Either one of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Returns of parent/s or guardian;
- Certificate of Non-Filing of Income;
- Certificate of Indigency;
- High School report card;
- Copy of birth certificate from PSA;
- Two (2) copies of recent 2×2 ID pictures; and
- Sketch of residence to the nearest SM Mall.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
SM College Scholarship grants its scholars with the following benefits:
- Full tuition and other school fees;
- Scholars’ choice of specialization in accounting, information technology, engineering, and education;
- Monthly stipend;
- Part-time job opportunities during semestral break and Christmas break;
- Enrichment programs and other fun activities sponsored by SM; and
- Graduate scholars receive exclusive job offers with the SM Group.
Online Application Link
The SM Scholarship 2021 will start to accept online applications starting January 1 until February 28, 2021.