SSS President Emmanuel Dooc said that they are glad to announce that the second Loan Restructuring Program with penalty condonation will be extended for another six months to accommodate more members who have outstanding short-term obligations with the SSS.
Read Also: Updated SSS Contribution Table 2018
Eligibility Requirements for SSS Loan Restructuring Program
1. All member-borrowers with any of the following past due short-term loans are eligible for the program:
- Calamity Loan
- Salary Loan Early Renewal Program (SLERP)
- Salary Loan
- Emergency Loan
- Educational Loan (old)
- Study Now Pay Later Plan
- Vocational or Technical Course Loans
- Y2K Loans
- Investment Incentive Loan
2. For past due short-term loans except Calamity Loan and SLERP, member-borrower must have previously lived/worked in a calamity/disaster stricken area as declared by the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) or the National Government.
3. The outstanding short-term loan/s must be past due for a period of at least six (6) as of the first day of restructuring period.
4. The member-borrower
- Must be living or working in calamity/disaster declared area as of disaster date or as application date. “Living” shall refer to the home address of the member-borrower.
- Must be under 65 years old at the end of the installment term.
- Has not been granted any final benefit (i.e. total permanent disability or retirement)
- Has not been disqualified due to fraud committed against the SSS.
5. Member-borrowers with final benefit claim application (Death, Total Disability, Retirement) whose contingency date is on or before the last day of the availment period of the restructuring program are eligible for the program. Said final benefit claim must be filed within the availment period.
SSS encourages all borrower-members to file their LRD applications immediately so that the outstanding loan will not incur interest.
LRP Applicants should bring duly accomplished LRP form, valid identification documents and Letter of Authority, in case the application is being filed by an authorized representative.
Guide in Application for SSS Loan Restructuring Program
Download Link: SSS Loan Restructuring Form