Good news to all its Regular, Household Employers, Self-Employed, Voluntary, and Non-Working Spouse Members, the Social Security System (SSS) further extends the deadline of payment or remittance of all contributions.
You can pay until the 30th of November 2020. This is an aid to recovery from the damages done during the quarantine period against the Covid-19.
SSS Payment Extension Announcement
The SSS directive was approved by the Social Security Commission (SSC) on October 7, 2020, in compliance with the Republic Act No. 11494 or the Bayanihan to Recover as One which took effect last September 15, 2020.
The extension applies as follows:
|TYPE OF MEMBER||APPLICABLE PERIOD
|DEADLINE OF PAYMENT OR REMITTANCE|
|Employers||February to October||November 30, 2020|
|Household Employers||January to September|
|Self-Employed, Voluntary, and Non-Working Spouse|
Read Also: Bayanihan 2 Loan Moratorium Program
Furthermore, SSC approves that:
- The two (2) percent penalty on unpaid contributions shall not take effect within the original period, provided that payments are settled on or before the extended deadline of contribution payment and remittance;
- The post-dated checks due from March to October 2020 from employers under proposed installment payment shall be deposited on the 30th of November 2020; and
- The deadline extension shall not apply for contributions to be paid by a member for eligibility purposes for other benefits or claims.
However, since the extended due date, November 30, falls on a holiday (Bonifacio Day), there is a high possibility that payments may be made on the next working day, December 1, 2020.
Read Also: How to Avail the SSS Unemployment Benefit
For more up-to-date news and announcements, connect to SSS via:
- SSS Hotline: 1455
- SSS Trunkline No. (632) 8920-6401
- SSS Call Center: (632) 8920-6446 to 55
- Toll-Free No.: 1-800-10-2255777
- SSS Email: [email protected]
- SSS Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SSSPh