The Malacañang Palace has released the Proclamation No. 929 entitled “Declaring a State of Calamity Throughout the Philippines Due to Corona Virus Disease 2019.”
Proclamation for the State of Calamity
WHEREAS, Under Section 15, Article II of the Philippine Constitution, it is the State’s Policy to protect and promote the right of health of the people;
WHEREAS, Proclamation No. 922, s. 2020, was issued declaring a State of Public Health Emergency throughout the Philippines due to Corona Virus Disease 2019 (Covid-19), enjoining all government agencies and local government units (LGUs) to render full assistance and cooperation and mobilize the necessary resources to undertake critical, urgent, and appropriate response and measures in a timely manner to curtail and eliminate the threat of Covid-19.;
WHEREAS, the Code Alert System for Covid-19 was raised to Code Red Sublevel Two (2) in accordance with the recommendations of the Department of Health (DOH) and the Inter-Agency Task Force for Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF);
WHEREAS, despite government interventions, the number of confirmed cases of Covid-19 continues to rise;
WHEREAS, pursuant to RA 10121 or the “Philippine Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Act of 2010,” the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council has recommended the State of Calamity throughout the Philippines; and
WHEREAS, such declaration will, among others, afford the National Government, as well as LGUs, ample latitude to utilize appropriate funds including the Quick Response Fund, in their disaster preparedness and response efforts to contain the spread of Covid-19 and to continue to provide basic services to the affected population.
NOW, THEREFORE, I, RODRIGO ROA DUTERTE, President of the Philippines, by virtue of the powers vested in me by the Constitution and existing laws, do hereby proclaims as follows:
- SECTION 1: There is hereby declared a State of Calamity throughout the Philippines for a period of six (6) months, unless earlier lifted or extended as circumstances may warrant.
- SECTION 2: There is hereby imposed an Enhanced Community Quarantine throughout Luzon beginning 12 midnight tonight until 12 April 2020, unless earlier lifted or extended as circumstances may warrant.
- SECTION 3: All government agencies and LGUs are enjoined to render full assistance to and cooperation with each other and mobilize the necessary resources to undertake critical, urgent and appropriate disaster response aid and measures in a timely manner to curtail and eliminate the threat of Covid-19.
- SECTION 4: All law enforcement agencies, with the support from the Armed Forces of the Philippines, are hereby directed to undertake all necessary measures to ensure peace and order in affected areas, as may be necessary.
- SECTION 5: The Executive Secretary, the Secretary of Health, and all other concerned heads of departments, are directed to issue guidelines governing the implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine throughout Luzon.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and caused the seal of the Republic of the Philippines to be affixed.
Done in the City of Manila, this 16th day of March in the year of Our Lord, Two Thousand and Twenty.
By the President
SALVADOR C. MEDIALDEA
PDF Copy of Proclamation No. 929
- RA 11469: Bayanihan to Heal As One Act
- List of Beneficiaries of Social Amelioration Program
- How to Avail the DSWD Social Amelioration Program
- COVID-19 Hazard Pay for Government Employees | Guidelines
- [PDF] Social Amelioration Program | Complete Guidelines