This article is based from the Guidelines of the Grant on the Productivity Enhancement Incentive (PEI) to Government Employees for Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 and Years Thereafter.
Guidelines on the Grant of the PEI Bonus
The Productivity Enhancement Incentive of P5,000 shall begiven to personnel not earlier than December 15 of the current year, subject to the following conditions:
- The employees are still in the service as of November 30 of the current year; and
- The employees have rendered at least a total or an aggregate of four (4) months of at least satisfactory service as of November 30 of the current year, including leaves of absence with pay.
Those who have rendered less than the total or aggregate of four (4) months of service but still in the service as of November 30 of the current year shall be entitled to pro-rated PEI, as follows:
For complete guidelines please download: [PDF] DBM Circular re PEI Bonus 2018.
Who can receive P5,000 PEI Bonus | Coverage
The Section 2 of the Circular includes the Coverage of those who can receive the PEI Bonus. It shall apply to the following positions and personnel:
- All positions of civilian personnel, whether regular, casual, or contractual in nature, appointive or elective, full-time or part-time, now existing or hereafter created in the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial Branches, the Constitutional Commissions and other Constitutional Offices, SUCs, GOCCs not covered by Republic Act (RA) No. 10149, s. 2011 which are under the jurisdiction of the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), and LWDs, and in LGUs.
- Military personnel of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Department of National Defense; and uniformed personnel of the Philippine National Police, Philippine Public Safety College, Bureau of Fire Protection, and Bureau of Jail Management and Penology under the Department of the Interior and Local Government; Philippine Coast Guard under the Department of Transportation; and National Mapping and Resource Information Authority under the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
Exclusion on the Productivity Enhancement Incentive
Excluded from the coverage of this Circular are those hired without employee-employer relationships and funded from non-Personnel Services appropriations/budgets, as follows:
- Consultants and experts hired for a limited period to perform specific activities or services with expected outputs;
- Laborers hired through job contracts (pakyaw) and those paid on piece work basis;
- Student workers and apprentices; and
- Individuals and groups of people whose services are engaged through job orders, contracts of service, or others similarly situated.
Section 6 of Executive Order (EO) No. 201
Beginning FY 2016, the Productivity Enhancement Incentive shall be given not earlier than December 15 of every year to all qualified government employees at Five Thousand Pesos (P5,000) each for the purpose of improving the government employees’ productivity.