If you are having a hard time getting an online passport appointment, you can avail the DFA Passport Courtesy Lane if you belong to the following:
DFA Passport Courtesy Lane Eligibility
According to DFA’s official website, following can avail of the Courtesy Lane Facility without need of an online appointment:
Senior citizens (60 years and over) with proof of age
- Senior citizen is allowed one (1) companion
- The companion of the senior citizen must be an immediate family member, i.e. spouse, siblings, adult children, adult grandchildren, and children-in-law of the senior citizen and must show proof of relationship.
- If the companion is not an immediate family member, the companion has to show proof of travel arrangements (e.g. confirmed plane or hotel booking) with the senior citizen to be able to avail of the courtesy lane facility.
People with disabilities (PWDs) with proof of disability
- PWD is allowed one (1) companion
- The companion of the PWD must be an immediate family member, i.e. spouse, siblings, adult children, adult grandchildren, parents-in-law, and children-in-law of the PWD and must show proof of relationship.
- If the companion is not an immediate family member, the companion has to show proof of travel arrangements (e.g. confirmed plane or hotel booking) with the PWD to be able to avail of the courtesy lane facility.
Solo parent with valid solo parent card, and his/her minor children
Minors seven (7) years old and below and his/her parents and minor siblings
- If pregnancy is not visible, applicant must present medical certificate/records.
Overseas Filipino Workers (Land and Sea based) with valid proof of status, such as:
- Valid iDOLE card
- Valid Employment contract
- Valid Work Visa
- Seaman’s book stamped at international border less than 365 days from date of application
Senior citizens, PWDs, solo parents and their minor children, pregnant women, and OFWs have the option to choose from regular or expedited processing of their passport application.
The companions of the senior citizens and PWDs, minors seven (7) years old and below, their parents and minor siblings are to be assessed expedited processing fee because they are not entitled to use the courtesy lane; they are accomodated for their convenience.
According to the Official Gazette website, the following can also avail the Courtesy Lane Facility:
Regular government employees
- With GSIS
- Appointed by Civil Service Commission
Dependent of government employee
- Legal spouse
- Unmarried children
Retired government employees (one year availment)
Incumbent elected officials
For barangay level, only the following are entitled:
- Barangay Chairman
- Barangay Kagawad
- SK Chairman
Endorsement from House of Representatives
- Must be endorsed by DLLU before lodging their applications to Courtesy Lane
- Must first secure endorsement from Public Information Services Unit (PISU) before going to Courtesy Lane
Referrals made from DFA employees and Head/s of other government agencies
- Limited to 3 referrals per month. Must secure proper endorsements duly signed by authorized signatories of their respective offices. Only original copies will be accepted for verification purposes. Photocopy of DFA employee’s valid I.D. / government agencies official’s Department I.D. must be attached for verification purposes.
The public is, however, advised that COs may set a cut-off time or limit the number of applicants who could be accommodated in the courtesy lanes depending on the space and capacity of each CO, and the need to ensure the safety and convenience of the public.
Access to the courtesy lane could also be restricted in the aftermath of emergencies such as typhoons and declarations suspending government work. This is intended to allow COs to serve applicants whose online appointments were affected by the emergency.