This article will highlight the Section 6 of the DBM Budget Circular No. 2016-4 (Updated Rules and Regulations on the Grant of the Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift for FY 2016 and Years Thereafter).
Guidelines on the Grant of Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift
The Year-End Bonus equivalent to one (1) month basic pay as of October 31 and Cash Gift of P5,000 shall be given to entitled government personnel not earlier than November 15 of the current year, subject to the following conditions:
- Personnel has rendered at least a total or an aggregate of four (4) months of service from January 1 to October 31 of the current year; and
- Personnel remains to be in the government service as of October 31 of the same year.
Those who have rendered at least a total or an aggregate of four (4) months of service from January 1 of the current year but who have retired or separated from government service before October 31 of the same year shall be granted within the month of retirement or separation, a prorated share of the: a) Year-End Bonus based on the monthly basic pay immediately preceding the date of retirement or separation; and b) Cash Gift of P5,000, as follows:
Those who have rendered a total or an aggregate of less than four (4) months of service from January 1 to October 31 of the current year and are still in government service as of October 31 of the same year, shall be entitled solely to a pro-rated Cash Gift pursuant to Section 2 of RA No. 8441, as follows:
The Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift of personnel hired on part-time service in one or more agencies shall be in direct proportion to the number of hours/days of part-time services rendered.
The Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift of personnel on detail with another government agency shall be paid by the parent agency, while those on secondment shall be paid by the recipient agency.
The Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift of personnel transferred from one agency to another shall be paid by the new agency.
A compulsory retiree, whose services have been extended, may be granted Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift, subject to pertinent provisions of this Circular.
Those who are formally charged administrative and/or criminal cases which are still pending for resolution, shall be entitled to Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift until found guilty by final and executory judgment, provided that:
- Those found guilty shall not be entitled to Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift in the year of finality of the decision. The personnel shall refund the Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift received for that year.
- If the penalty imposed is only a reprimand, the personnel concerned shall be entitled to the Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift.
Monthly basic pay shall refer to the monthly salary for civilian personnel, including contractual personnel; the total daily wages for the twenty-two (22) working days a month for casual personnel (equal to the monthly salary of a regular personnel); the monthly base pay for the military and uniformed personnel; and the monthly honoraria for barangay officials and employees.
The Year-End Bonus and Cash Gift shall apply to the following positions and personnel:
All positions for civilian personnel whether regular, contractual, or casual in nature, appointive or elective, full-time or part-time, now existing or hereafter created in the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches, the Constitutional Commissions and other Constitutional Offices, SUCs, and GOCCs covered by the Compensation and Position Classification System (CPCS) under RA No. 6758, as amended by Senate and House of Representatives Joint Resolutions No. 1, series of 1994 and No. 4, series of 2009; and in LGUs; and
Military personnel of the Armed Forces of the Philippines under the Department of National Defense and uniformed personnel of the Philippine National Police, Philippine Public Safety College, Bureau of Fire Protection, and Bureau of Jail Management and Penology of the Department of the Interior and Local Government; Philippine Coast Guard of the Department of Transportation and Communications; and National Mapping and Resource Information Authority of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
This Budget Circular was Issued to the following:
- Heads of Departments, Agencies, State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and other Offices of the National Government, Including Commissions/Offices under the Constitutional Fiscal Autonomy Group (CFAG),
- Heads of Government-Owned or -Controlled Corporations (GOCCs);
- Heads of Local Government Units (LGUs); and
- All Others Concerned
- Mid Year Bonus for Government Employee
- Fourth Tranche Salary Standardization Law
- 13th Month Pay Computation | DOLE Labor Advisory