The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is now accepting applications for the CHED Scholarship 2019 through the Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs) for incoming freshmen and college level for the School Year 2019-2020.
What is StuFAP?
StuFAP is a program that aims to provide financial assistance to students who are enrolled in an authorized public and private Higher Education Instituions (HEIs). This helps to ensure that education shall be accessible to underprivileged and deserving students. Qualified beneficiaries shall enrol or must be currently enrolled in any CHED priority courses per CMO No. 1 s. 2014 and shall receive financial assistance amounting to PhP 6,000 to PhP15,000 per semester whichever program an applicant applies.
Who may apply to CHED Scholarship 2019?
- Incoming freshmen
- College level students
What are the qualifications?
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be either of the following:
- Senior High School graduate and/or candidate for graduation
- Passer of Senior High School ALS/PEPT
- College Students (with earned units in college)
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not exceed Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 300,000). In highly exceptional cases where income exceeds PhP300,000.00, the CHEDRO StuFAPs Committee shall determine the merits of the application.
- Must avail of only one CHED Scholarship or financial assistance program
- Must not be a graduate of any degree program
What are the requirements?
For Incoming Freshman
- Senior High School Graduate
- Photocopy of grades in Grade 12 and Original Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the Principal
- Candidate for Graduation in Senior High School
- Photocopy of Grades in Grade 12 (1st Semester) and Original Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA), in percentage, from the Principal (minimum of 75% or its equivalent grade)
- Photocopy of Grades in Grade 11 (1st and 2nd Semesters) and Original Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the Principal (not lower than 75%)
- Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passers (ALS)
- Photocopy of the Alternative Learning System (ALS) Accreditation and Equivalency Test Certificate/ Certificate of Rating (Secondary Level) from the Department of Education (DepEd)
- Photocopy of Diploma from the DepEd
- Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) Passer
- Photocopy of Certificate of Rating (Secondary Level) from DepEd
- Photocopy of Diploma from the DepEd
For College Level Students
- Photocopy of Grades in all subjects in completed semesters and Certificate of Total General Weighted Average (GWA) in percentage from the Registrar
Other Scholarship: Study in South Korea for FREE via KOICA Scholarship Program
Other requirements for all applicants
1. Proof of Income (any of the following)
- For Children of Overseas FIlipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, any one (1) of the following (photocopy):
- Latest Copy of Contract
- Proof of Income
- For Children of Non-OFW, any one (1) of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of Parents of Guarding (photocopy) or
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) or
- Case Study from Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) or
- Affidavit of No Income or
- Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay
2. Certificate of Good Moral Character
- From the last school attended from the Guidance Counselor or Principal
How to Apply to CHED Scholarship 2019?
1. Make sure to check if you satisfy all the qualifications.
2. Check if your desired course fits in the CHED Priority Courses
3. Accomplished the StuFAPs Application Form 01
4. Submit the accomplished CHED StuFAPs Application, together with pertinent documentary requirements, directly to the CHED Regional Office concerned. Applicants who intend to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) shall directly submit their application to the concerned SUCs (CHEDRO Directory).
Application Period for the Scholarship
The application period is from February to April 30, 2019. Only application with complete documents will be included in the ranking and selection of beneficiaries.
CHED Contact Details for Inquiries
For further information, please contact Office of Student Development and Services located at the 3/F HEDC Building, CP Garcia Avenue, Quezon City, with Tel No.: (02) 988-0001 and E-mail: [email protected].