The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is now accepting applications for the CHED Scholarship 2019 through the Student Financial Assistance Programs (StuFAPs) for incoming freshmen and college level for the School Year 2019-2020.
What is StuFAP?
StuFAP is a program that aims to provide financial assistance to students who are enrolled in an authorized public and private Higher Education Instituions (HEIs). This helps to ensure that education shall be accessible to underprivileged and deserving students. Qualified beneficiaries shall enrol or must be currently enrolled in any CHED priority courses per CMO No. 1 s. 2014 and shall receive financial assistance amounting to PhP 6,000 to PhP15,000 per semester whichever program an applicant applies.
Read Also: 112 SUCs and 78 LUCs Covered by Free Tuition Law (RA 10931)
Who may apply to CHED Scholarship 2019?
- Incoming freshmen
- College level students
What are the qualifications?
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be either of the following:
- Senior High School graduate and/or candidate for graduation
- Passer of Senior High School ALS/PEPT
- College Students (with earned units in college)
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents/guardian not exceed Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP 300,000). In highly exceptional cases where income exceeds PhP300,000.00, the CHEDRO StuFAPs Committee shall determine the merits of the application.
- Must avail of only one CHED Scholarship or financial assistance program
- Must not be a graduate of any degree program
What are the requirements?
For Incoming Freshman
- Senior High School Graduate
- Photocopy of grades in Grade 12 and Original Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the Principal
- Candidate for Graduation in Senior High School
- Photocopy of Grades in Grade 12 (1st Semester) and Original Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA), in percentage, from the Principal (minimum of 75% or its equivalent grade)
- Photocopy of Grades in Grade 11 (1st and 2nd Semesters) and Original Certificate of General Weighted Average (GWA) from the Principal (not lower than 75%)
- Accreditation and Equivalency Test Passers (ALS)
- Photocopy of the Alternative Learning System (ALS) Accreditation and Equivalency Test Certificate/ Certificate of Rating (Secondary Level) from the Department of Education (DepEd)
- Photocopy of Diploma from the DepEd
- Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) Passer
- Photocopy of Certificate of Rating (Secondary Level) from DepEd
- Photocopy of Diploma from the DepEd
For College Level Students
- Photocopy of Grades in all subjects in completed semesters and Certificate of Total General Weighted Average (GWA) in percentage from the Registrar
Other Scholarship: Study in South Korea for FREE via KOICA Scholarship Program
Other requirements for all applicants
1. Proof of Income (any of the following)
- For Children of Overseas FIlipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, any one (1) of the following (photocopy):
- Latest Copy of Contract
- Proof of Income
- For Children of Non-OFW, any one (1) of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of Parents of Guarding (photocopy) or
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) or
- Case Study from Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) or
- Affidavit of No Income or
- Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay
2. Certificate of Good Moral Character
- From the last school attended from the Guidance Counselor or Principal
How to Apply to CHED Scholarship 2019?
1. Make sure to check if you satisfy all the qualifications.
2. Check if your desired course fits in the CHED Priority Courses
3. Accomplished the StuFAPs Application Form 01
4. Submit the accomplished CHED StuFAPs Application, together with pertinent documentary requirements, directly to the CHED Regional Office concerned. Applicants who intend to enroll in State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) shall directly submit their application to the concerned SUCs (CHEDRO Directory).
Application Period for the Scholarship
The application period is from February to April 30, 2019. Only application with complete documents will be included in the ranking and selection of beneficiaries.
CHED Contact Details for Inquiries
For further information, please contact Office of Student Development and Services located at the 3/F HEDC Building, CP Garcia Avenue, Quezon City, with Tel No.: (02) 988-0001 and E-mail: [email protected].
pwede po ba to sa upcoing 3rd year college? thank you.
Thank you so much po? Jan po kailangan kumuha ng Application Form sa Main Office sa Lapaz?
Hello po! Paanu po tu? I want to avail a Scholarship for the next year as I am going to College na po? I am a Grade 12 student ngayon po at graduating na ako.
Tapos na po ang CHED 2019. Abangan po ninyo ang CHED 2020 Scholarship.
pwede pa po ba magpasa ng requirements? And saan po pwede magpasa, manila area po ako.
Panu po ma avail tong scholarship natu ? Interested po ako. Thank youu
Hi.. Kailan po pwedemaka apply for next year?
Have a great day interested po ako mag apply sa nasabing scholarship program. thank you po
morning po..ask kopo paano po yung sa amin OFW po asawa ko bumagsak po company nila?ang nakuha lang po nilang sweldo ay aug.2018 till now po dinapo nagpasweldo company nila…Paano po ilalagay ko sa income ng OfW nmin?2nd year college narin po anak nmin pede papo ba xa mag apply??
kelan po pwede mag-apply and saan po?gusto ko po mag-apply ng scholarship huhu
helo po..pwede pa po bang magapply?
Goodevening po ask ko lang po kung kelan malalaman kung nakapasa po for scholarship. Thank you po.
Hai po pwidi po ako maka apply scholarship
Kailan po malalaman result ng mga nakapasok sa ched scholarship? Thank you.
By August 2019 ang expected.
Mayrun po ba sa armm na ched scholar ngaun 2019 to 2020 ngaun po ay grade 12 siya
when the result of ched scholarship publish po?
Around August usually.